Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: STC
Accepted Solution

Question about Z10 16 GB internal memory

Everytime i download apps, the apps were stored to the internal 16 GB memory of the Z10. now i only have 3.5 GB free. i also installed another 32GB micro sd card to support for my movies and music. my question is can transfer all the apps in the 32 GB micro sd? how? and can i set the external memory as the default memory to store all my app downloads? again please tell me how.

regards,

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Question about Z10 16 GB internal memory

its not possible.
Contributor

:Oops: is that so? then what will happen if i used up all the 16GB.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

sinner_saintZ10 wrote:

:Oops: is that so? then what will happen if i used up all the 16GB.

You won't be able to install anything else.

I hope I've been helpful.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

yeah basically that... but wouldn't it be great that after the 16GB internal memory was used up all other apps installations be transferred to the external memory attached? just a thought though :smileyhappy:
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

In previous BlackBerry models (and maybe the Z10 but I'm not sure), you could move apps to the media card although they would be in an archived state.  This would keep your apps close by and would free up space on your phone however when in this archived state, they would not function.  At no time could you ever move an app and have it still work.

BlackBerry devices come with a decent amount of app storage space.  Many people who have run out of space on their phones have found many apps that they no longer used and were able to free up considerable space by deleting said apps.

Just a thought.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: wind mobile

i just got my z10 a month ago and now i have 14 GB of other data in my device storage. anyone know what this "other data" is? how do i delete it?

please help, it's taking up my storage space.