Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900, Z10
My Carrier: Singtel

RE: Blackberry10 and BIS/Blackberry Roaming Service

HI,

I've been reading alot about the Z10 not supporting BIS.

And I had just called my Telco, Singtel, about BIS/BBRoaming, and they informed me that the Z10 does not support and will not use BIS/BBRoaming.

Can someone confirrm that this is true?

Blackberry had 2 unique selling points: Keyboards (for those long emails) and a Amazing Roaming Plan (tied to BIS)

On the Z10, without the keyboard, I was apprehensive to try the phone, but thought at least it had an awesome roaming plan still. But without the plan, The Z10 becomes a smartphone without a strong community backing, ie not worthwhile.

I'm even wondering if the Q10 will be attractive (becaused of Keyboard) without a good roaming plan.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: RE: Blackberry10 and BIS/Blackberry Roaming Service

completely true.

very disappointed with these changes!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9650

Re: RE: Blackberry10 and BIS/Blackberry Roaming Service

Smiley FrustratedI have been told by Verizon that the removal of BIS means that my grandfathered world data plan would not be kept if I went to to Q10 or Z10 and I would have to stay with Bold. I am also told that the removal of BIS will stop one of my email accounts working (does not work on Iphone either but works sweet on my Bold). I am also told the LTE roaming is virtually non existent until the new chipsets are implemented and it will most likely stay on 3G (or GPRS in some parts of Africa). All in all I am very disappointed. I find my Blackberry invaluable for email and use my Iphone as a toy and a web browser only. Far from saving Blackberry these new models seem to be worse than the current offering for business people and more aimed at teenagers with HD video, music, games but no basic international mail.