Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
zafarsm
My Device: BB Z10 and BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: DU

RSA SecurID soft token not importing to BB Z10

Hi,

I've been a new Z10 user (previously with the Bold and the Curve since the last 6 years, and loved every minute of it) since the past week... I have a problem with installing the RSA Soft Token on this phone (we use the RSA Soft tokens for a secure 2 factor authentication to our VPN network at work)... 

When I try to download the token from http://www.rsa.com/bb352, it goes through successfully... but, when i try to instal it, it gives me the error: "Unable to open the file"

Can someone please help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ClarionMedical
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: RSA SecurID soft token not importing to BB Z10

I really need to find out if this available for the Z10 any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coooly
My Device: Z10 / Z30
My Carrier: Orange France

Hi,

I'm looking for an RSA Secureid BB 10 version too but it doesn't seem there's any...

In another post someone said that rsa doesn't plan to develop this for BB10 which will be a pain for most corporate users who have a soft token and not a physical one...

It seems someone on crackberry forum has managed to create a BAR file for BB10/PB from android version but didn't make it available.

----
2000 users on BES 5 and more every day on BES 10 ! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coooly
My Device: Z10 / Z30
My Carrier: Orange France

Little update.

I was able to sideload the RSA Secureid (converted from its android version to a BAR file) and successfully import my token. :smileyhappy:

----
2000 users on BES 5 and more every day on BES 10 ! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zafarsm
My Device: BB Z10 and BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: DU

Hi Can you please explain how to do that for a non-techie person (or can you share the app with me)...

Appreciate your support.
Please use plain text.
Moses266
My Carrier: Rogers

I was able to load the application but I am not able to import the token. I went through the process of converting the .sdtid file but when I click on the resulting link I get an error that it was unable to connect to the server.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xinutel
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I was able to make this work for the Z10. 

1. download and install the BAR file as people have already provided.   this will give you an app that opens and says a token import is required.  leave the app for now.

2. take your blackberry .stdid file and use the converter provided by RSA at the command line on a PC like this   tokenconverter x-rimdevice-mytoken.stdid -android -p <insertyourpasscode>     This should spit out a url at the command line that looks like http://127.0.0.1/securid/ctf?ctfData=<somebignumber>

3. go back to the RSA app on the BB and when sliding down you will see 3-dots on the bottom right.  this will allow the top to slide down to reveal the IMPORT (manual import) screen for the app.

4. with the manual import open, type (yes I said type!) the whole string above including the http://...  part.   (i've tried every way of pasting this in... doesn't work... but be my guest if you want to try yourself)

5. you'll be prompted for the passcode digits again and bingo! it works from then on.

good luck.

Please use plain text.
Moses266
My Carrier: Rogers

This worked loiek a charm for me. You're right about copy and paste, it doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
criss0422
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Has anyone been able to get to work on the Verizon Z10? I was able to get it to work on an ATT device, but can't get the  3 dots to show up on the Verizon device making it impossible to import the token. I have tried both version 1.1 and 1.2. 

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Steve4S
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: 491736497193

Hello.

Thank you for your Info.

But how can I get the *.stdid file? Do you use an explorer or file manager?

Is the app installed on older BB because I can't install it on BBZ10.

I have an older one BB 7890 Bold, could I use that one?

Thank you and I hope you understand my english. :smileywink:

Regards

Steve

Please use plain text.