02-14-2013 07:04 AM
I've been a new Z10 user (previously with the Bold and the Curve since the last 6 years, and loved every minute of it) since the past week... I have a problem with installing the RSA Soft Token on this phone (we use the RSA Soft tokens for a secure 2 factor authentication to our VPN network at work)...
When I try to download the token from http://www.rsa.com/bb352, it goes through successfully... but, when i try to instal it, it gives me the error: "Unable to open the file"
Can someone please help me out here?
Thanks in advance.
02-16-2013 06:19 AM
I'm looking for an RSA Secureid BB 10 version too but it doesn't seem there's any...
In another post someone said that rsa doesn't plan to develop this for BB10 which will be a pain for most corporate users who have a soft token and not a physical one...
It seems someone on crackberry forum has managed to create a BAR file for BB10/PB from android version but didn't make it available.
02-17-2013 07:32 AM
I was able to sideload the RSA Secureid (converted from its android version to a BAR file) and successfully import my token.
03-20-2013 10:22 AM
I was able to load the application but I am not able to import the token. I went through the process of converting the .sdtid file but when I click on the resulting link I get an error that it was unable to connect to the server.
03-20-2013 04:45 PM - edited 03-20-2013 04:53 PM
I was able to make this work for the Z10.
1. download and install the BAR file as people have already provided. this will give you an app that opens and says a token import is required. leave the app for now.
2. take your blackberry .stdid file and use the converter provided by RSA at the command line on a PC like this tokenconverter x-rimdevice-mytoken.stdid -android -p <insertyourpasscode> This should spit out a url at the command line that looks like http://127.0.0.1/securid/ctf?ctfData=<somebignumber>
3. go back to the RSA app on the BB and when sliding down you will see 3-dots on the bottom right. this will allow the top to slide down to reveal the IMPORT (manual import) screen for the app.
4. with the manual import open, type (yes I said type!) the whole string above including the http://... part. (i've tried every way of pasting this in... doesn't work... but be my guest if you want to try yourself)
5. you'll be prompted for the passcode digits again and bingo! it works from then on.
04-04-2013 11:18 PM
Has anyone been able to get to work on the Verizon Z10? I was able to get it to work on an ATT device, but can't get the 3 dots to show up on the Verizon device making it impossible to import the token. I have tried both version 1.1 and 1.2.
07-11-2013 07:45 AM
Thank you for your Info.
But how can I get the *.stdid file? Do you use an explorer or file manager?
Is the app installed on older BB because I can't install it on BBZ10.
I have an older one BB 7890 Bold, could I use that one?
Thank you and I hope you understand my english.