Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Kramer3505
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Random Shut Off

My Z10 randomly shut itself off and not turn back on with the power swtich. I have to remove the battery and then it turns back on. Very Frustrating!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sinnaz0790
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: TSTT

Re: Random Shut Off

mine randomly restarts.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
azolivas
My Carrier: Verizon

mine started doing the same thing today. had to do a battery pull to get it powered back on.  Any suggestions Blackberry Support? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sinnaz0790
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: TSTT

I have to bear the expense n send mine back home to Canada because I'm out of the country on work after paying 600 Canadian I now have to spend another 100 Canadian to send it to and have one returned to me I posted many concerns and no reply from blackberry support none and it is rellie disappointed...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Plunjer
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

I've had mine a week and it started doing this today. I had installed a couple new apps, and wondered if there was a conflict. Deleted them, but problem persisted. I started looking at the Micro SD card next. Started deleting some photos, and saw an issue where after deleting a load, the screen would not registed finger press selections. Had to quit the "My Files" app and restart it. So I started thinking it might be an issue with storage. The card had been used in an Android phone prior, and some Android specific files were placed on the card by the last phone system. Started trashing these files, and so far the phone seems to have stabilized. This I have to observe further. I guess you guys could start by removing the sd card, and even doing a clean wipe of the phone. Not sure if this will help but mine has been behaving again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Plunjer

Ok, to update this further, mine seems quite stable now. Waking up properly and not shutting off. Of course I will keep an eye on this.
QUESTION: For all of you having this problem after adding an SD card, what size card do you have ? Was the SD card transferred from another phone ?
You could try saving any files on the SD card to the computer, and try formatting the card via the phone settings, or if problematic to do that because of the shut-offs, via the computer through a card reader. 
Or, if the screen stays on long enough connect the phone to the computer via USB and select "USB Mass Storage" in "Settings" - "Storage And Access". Then the card should show up as an inserted USB drive and you can do the deleting/formatting from there.
This could be a conflict in the SD card support which hopefully will be sorted with the next update, but in the meantime, check to see if removing any recently installed apps, and/or formatting the SD card helps.

Please use plain text.
dfreedm1
My Carrier: AT&T

Mine randomly shuts off too.  Has happened while texting, posting to facebook, and at other random times.  I have to restart the phone by holding the top button.  I have a 64GB microsd card that I formatted in the phone itself, so I am not inclined to believe that is the issue, especially when I am not accessing the card information when it shuts down.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
phughes
My Device: Not Specified

I was having the issue after getting my phone last week as well. Two days ago I copied all the files that were on my SD card to a hard drive, then formatted the card using the utility on the phone. I then drag and dropped the files back to the proper folders. I have not had any random restarts since. I am using a 32GB card.

Please use plain text.
mkm2manu
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi, 

Kramer3505 wrote:

My Z10 randomly shut itself off and not turn back on with the power swtich. I have to remove the battery and then it turns back on. Very Frustrating!!!!

My BlackBerry Z10 Switches off at battery level of 60-70%, again it has to be connected to the charger to start and once it switched on it charges from 60 to 100%. Again when it drains to 60% it swtiched off.............:-( 

Suggest some solutions on this...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Plunjer

Hey there, what model is your Z10 ? STL100-1, 2, 3 or 4 ? And what network is it on ? I would try a software re-load or download Sachesi software and locate a provider version that has the latest available firmware and reinstall it.

But would be good to know what model you have and which provider software.

Please use plain text.