Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
wcbwcb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Rejecting calls

Hi, I haven't seen this one, and apologies if I'm repeating a question... Is it possible to reject a call? On the old BB, I could just press End and the ringing would immediately stop and the call would get sent to voicemail. Several times, I've received calls on my Z10 that I didn't want to take but couldn't find a way to instantly stop the ringing.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Rejecting calls

To reject a call, instead of swipping down to answer it, just quickly swipe the call up and it will ignore it and send to your voice mail.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wcbwcb

Thanks for the quick reply Arsen. I tried that before (vaguely recall reading that somewhere) but it didn't work so thought I must have miss remembered. Just tried it again and it still doesn't work when I swiped from bottom up (starting from off the screen). Then I swiped from mid screen up (where the caller ID info is) and that worked. Again, thanks for your quick reply and helping this old dog learn one more trick :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Yes, the grey caller ID bar is the part that you need to interact with. You can also tap the caller ID bar to mute the ringer / vibration and let the call ring through to voicemail, if you don't want people to know that you are ignoring them :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dask
My Device: Supporting the boss's Z10

Old thread, but "wait what" moment just now:  There's really no way to continue interacting with the phone after muting the ringer until it rings through [without the 'rude' caller's-been-punted-to-voicemail-after-two-rings tipoff]?  Yikes.

Found that this seems to be an unsolved issue moments after finding that the volume buttons don't control the ringer by default (and that my pet BB user hadn't figured that out for the past 3 months).  Today's a "WTF BB" day.  :No:

Please use plain text.