Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

nbz
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Remaining charge increases after phone restart

I noticed this yesterday and reproduced it today. The the battery charge remaining on my z10 increases after I restart the device. I first noticed it in the phone info (in settings) which reported 10% increase (from 80% to 90% remaining), but since that only rounds to the nearest 5, I checked it with Battery Guru today and it shows it to be around 6% (from 62% remaining to 68%). Anyone else experiencing this?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Remaining charge increases after phone restart

it can take a week for the battery calibration to be accurate with several charges/discharges

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

nbz
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I should have said I've had the phone for 3 weeks.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook

Battery calibration data is only stored when the phone stays on. After all, if you turn your phone off, the phone doesn't know if it's the same battery. (A restart is really just turning the phone off, then on again)

The change in the percieved battery level doesn't actually reflect the actual charge level. 

Don't worry about it.

nbz
New Contributor

Hmmm... well, if that's true, then that's a somewhat silly way of monitoring the battery. The usage stats in the OS should be non-volatile, otherwise the end user would experience all sorts of problems especially with charging. Although, maybe its true, given the charging issues I've seen reported, like some phones only charging up to 50%

It's not really a big deal I guess, but it makes me wonder if there's a larger issue.