Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mcharlier
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Remote Search on IMAP email

The option 'Remote Search' does not appear at the bottom of the search results of either of my IMAP emails set up on my Z10.  Remote Search used to work perfectly with my old iPhone 3G and the same email providers.  Is Remote Search supported on IMAP email in which case how do I turn it on?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Remote Search on IMAP email

[ Edited ]

i've only seen it on Exchange Active Sync accounts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcharlier

Ok thanks, it's back to my old iPhone 3G then :-(

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It also depends on the email service provider and the device. For example, Google removed Active Sync for all but paid Google Apps subscribers and grandfathered devices (those already setup using EAS.) I have a Z10 that I can access EAS and remote search with GMail and another, that I acquired later after Google dropped EAS, that has to connect via IMAP and I get no remote search.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcharlier

I agree it depends on the email provider.  It is nevertheless disappointing that Remote Search is not supported on the Z10 with either of my Network Solutions or Hover IMAP emails, while it used to work perfectly on a 5 years iPhone 3G.  I still hope it is me doing something wrong and I will find out how to fix it soon.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I'm pretty sure BB doesn't offer it with IMAP accounts on the BB10 OS. I've only seen it on EAS accounts
Please use plain text.