Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
dcolpitts
My Device: Z10 & 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Resizing a picture when emailing it from the camera?

How do you resize a picture (so it is smaller) when you are emailing it from the camera app?  iOS lets you pick the size - but I don't see the way right off with OS10.

dcc

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Resizing a picture when emailing it from the camera?

At this point, there is no resizing in the picture application.. It has everything elese, but resize..  I think someone missed this option. The workaround is to use 3rd party picture editors that are for free in the time being and maybe they incorporate this in future releases. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcolpitts

Tks.  I'll just submit another support incident to Blackberry then on this too.  They are gonig to be sick of hear from me on my T Support contract.

dcc

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Agree, some simple basic features that we are used to using all the time were missed in the first release.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcolpitts

fyi...

Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 2:53 PM
To: Dean Colpitts
Cc: Remedy - Help at BlackBerry
Subject: INC000026211628 - HH - Z10 - FE: Resize camera images

Hi Dean,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Support.  My name is Miguel and will be assisting you with your camera suggestion which can be referenced with INC000026211628.  As you said, there is no option to edit the pictures taken by the device camera by size.  I’ll be taking your ticket and create a Feature Enhancement request so that this information is shared with the development team to consider.  I’ll also include in the FE to perhaps having a setting in camera to lower the resolution/size as well so the need to edit can be skipped as well.  Once submitted, I’ll be assigned a task number that I’ll pass your way and the task can be tracked thereafter by calling/email support with the task number and just asking for a status on the task.  I’ll keep you posted once I’ve completed the request and when it has been given the task number.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Dean,

Thank you for opening a ticket.. keep us posted.. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tommyg
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Hi, this omission in the functionality is a deal breaker for me, having come from iPhone and Android. Totally unexpected.

I need to know if this is being resolved or my Z10 is being returned (I have 14 days under 'buyers remorse' with my carrier.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robzworld
My Device: BBZ10

I am not sure what you mean . If go to a pictures on my Z10 click it touch edit i can size to whatever. i want ( Like cropping ) save a copy then email the modified copy...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tommyg
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Hi, I don't mean cropping it to edit. I mean go reduce the existing image from say 1mb to say 250kb before emailing. All other smartphones (os) have this option when attaching an image to an email. In fact, present several sizing options.
This is critical in areas when data roaming etc. Bandwidth is not free.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

tommyg wrote:
Hi, this omission in the functionality is a deal breaker for me, having come from iPhone and Android. Totally unexpected.

I need to know if this is being resolved or my Z10 is being returned (I have 14 days under 'buyers remorse' with my carrier.

Thanks

As I'm sure you noted while signing up for an account on this forum, this is a user to user support forum and Blackberry very rarely jumps in and says anything here. I'm sure you have also note that they never give dates for any feature releases. :smileyhappy:

That said, if you are here from Andriod and Apple then you are very familiar with loading apps, and I am sure that you can find one that solves your issues.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.