Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
robing
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Z10

Re: Resizing a picture when emailing it from the camera?

I know that there is no manual control of reducing the file size, but doesnt the camera automaticaly do that when texting or bbm? i see that one of my pics went down to 250kb ish when texting and 27kb ish with bbm attachments. i would rather have control of that function.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tommyg
My Device: z10

That would require another email app.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Not sure about texts, but BBM has always (even in BBOS) sent a smaller version of the photo originally and then the recipient has the ability to ask you for a HQ (or higher quality) version of that image. This has always been the BBM functionality, which I am sure was meant to save data..

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tommyg

Thanks very much for that but I use email mostly and this can be crippling
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Not at all crippling, a quick search for "resize" on BlackBerry World turns up one free app:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26823352

And a number of paid apps that will allow you to re-size your images, at least until the functionality is integrated into the OS... :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tommyg

OK, thx...it is what it is I suppose
Please use plain text.
Cromion

Business User Priority - here is why this should be a #1 priority. Your market is enterprise business users. We travel and no one scans receipts anymore. We take a picture of them with our smart phones and email them to ourselves at work then upload them into our expense systems. Sometimes I do this 10-50 times a month sometimes more. But when I then upload them they can't be over 150mb, the issue is a major inconvenience and until it is resolved, as I have to edit them every time with an app or on my laptop, which I don't have to do with my iPhone! that being said -I will remain on my iPhone! as it was a feature that was lost. How this can be overlooked is beyond me. But if you want to make a come back you can not alienate your base of enterprise customers and features for business use. I know at least 10 people that are also majorly frustrated about this, and if you fix it that 10 may become 20 etc. but don't ignore us business users this is a major issue. We love blackberry but we are not sacrificing 4 Horus a week changing the size of receipts. We don't have to on the iPhone
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robzworld
My Device: BBZ10

Currenly anyone with a  BB10 at least where i am can put in fallapps for a redeem code on BlackBerry world  and there is an app called " Photo Studio Pro " which is available for free as well as some others . A quick test and it takes a 1 MB pic down to 40kb and i cant tell the difference looking at the picture. App is like 4 bucks if not free at some point but does a lot more than that for picture Modifing. Hope it helps

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
4PetesSake
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & Z30

I am using Release No. 10.2.1.2102 on my Z10.

The issue seems to be fixed in this latest release.

However it is only when you actually attempt to send the email that you are offered the options of sending is as Large Medium or small.

Also when the image arrives in the email it is often at least 75% smaller than it states than it was in Sent email. eg. a 500kb image sent arrived as 128kb.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
keithbergoff
My Device: Z10, 9800

I noticed this. 1Mb pic with option <500Mb arrived at 129Kb.

Please use plain text.