Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: EE

Restore backup to a new replaced phone?

Well after receiving my replacement phone, I cant seem to be able to restore a backup done on my old device to the replacement phone.

It seems that the new phone plugged in to Link shows up as a new device therefore there's no option to restore the backups done on the old one.

I called up EE support and they didnt know either.

Anyone have to do this?

Thanks,

Steve

Also the new device has gone into installation mode but in German or other. Anyone know how to switch installation Language?

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Restore backup to a new replaced phone?

there is no way to restore the backup to new devicce...

then about the language wheteher it is for phone or desltop software

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile/Telekom D

have You tried "change Device/Device Change" in the lower right corner of the BlackBerry Link Software? In German it is "Geräte wechseln"...don´t know if THIS might help You?

Also, make sure that Your new device has no older FW than Your backup has.

Experienced this problem yesterday, when trying to copy my BU to a security wiped Z10,

I could only initiate the transfer after updating to the new/a newer Firmware

BR´s

Paddy

Regular Contributor

Ok I seem to have managed it. I changed the name of the new device to the old device, disconnected from Link, enabled wifi to the remote device in Link then it reconfigured and connected to the device. I restored the old backup done a couple of days ago, and seem to have all pictures, contacts etc, but not my email settings nor the apps that I purchased. I guess I have to do that manually again, hopefully I wont have to repurchase the apps.

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Kumara_Krishnan1210 wrote:

there is no way to restore the backup to new devicce...

then about the language wheteher it is for phone or desltop software

Again, proving that it is best NOT to comment on something of which you have no knowledge.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok it has now recovered everything correctly and I am back to where I was a couple of days ago.

The only thing I had to do was reenter the email passwords and ensure Link was connected to the new device, and make sure the new phone was updated to the same s/w version to restore the backup and it was good to go.

One thing is that the MAC address shown in the About screen shows the wrong address! I use a "White list" of mac addresses on my router as I took it off a hidden ssid for the iPhone5 which couldn't handle it, and was puzzled when it couldn't connect. I saw the rejected mac addr on my station list, different to that shown on the phone, and modified it and was away.

Thank God I bought the "Clone Phone" option with my provider, meaning I had a replacement within 12 hours of reporting it, but I never had this happen on any other phone. Ever! Just bad luck, or an inherent problem? I've seen a few posts of Z10's dying.

Cheers,

S

PS re:Language, it was in Swedish (God knows why, and thank God for Google) and I struggled through the installation then switched to English, thereby allowing me to restore.