Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
mfarmilo
My Device: Curve 8520

Ringtones / notification tones again ....

I've posted about this one a few days ago, but let it pass because replies told me there are lots of ringtones already in the phone, so I assumed it was just me. A friend is now using my phone, and he too can't find more than the handful that are displayed in the initial selection list. It does give him a 'browse' option, which shows an empty folder, plus the option to hunt through the entire filesystem if you want to.Both he and I gave up after pretty extensive hunting.

Now, it might seem a daft question to Blackberry's developers, but - if there is a folder somewhere containing a huge list of additional tones, why doesn't the browse button take us there initially ? I'm sure the developers must know where the folder will be in the filesystem by default, but how about giving a mere user a clue where to look ?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Ringtones / notification tones again ....

There is no big list .  Just a few basic ones for each notification type.   You can add your own of course, there are many free ones on the net and they are easy enough for most people to drag and drop from your pc to your phone.

I copied my old BB tingtones over.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandrosem
My Device: Z10

Hello,

How did you manage to transfer all ringtones/alerts from your old BB? I used BB link to move all contacts and pictures but the ringtones/alerts were not transferred..or are you actually referring to those you had downloaded on your old bb? I am not sure you can transfer the tones that came in built.....

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mfarmilo
My Device: Curve 8520

I used the 'switch' app (in Settings on the old phone) to transfer content via the sdcard - as far as I know, it didn't transfer ringtones.

My question here was really about ringtones supplied with the phone, which in the case of ringtones (not beeps etc) was around 4 or 5 as I recall. Used to get a heck of a lot more on previous Blackberrys. I'd been led to believe by a previous reply in another thread that I should have been seeing a lot more than that, but apparently no, that's another area they've chosen to ignore as far as the 'out of the box' experience goes ....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandrosem
My Device: Z10

Yeah I noticed the same, very few ringtones and alerts available in the Z10. on my previous message I was asking Andrew how did he manage to transfer the ringtones from his old bb....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ceathan
My Device: z10

I tried using music for the message and sms notifications but whenever anything comes through it plays the whole song, so back to the drawing board, I used to love the old submarine ping!!!

Please use plain text.