Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ryled_up1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

SD Card full of DONT_DEL001 files

I opened file manager today and all the files I transferred to my SD card are missing and there must be 1000's of files named "=DONT_DEL001",  "=DONT_DEL002", and so on.  There's also a bunch of files namde "=TFAT".

All the files are 0kb in size and all have a creation date of Dec 31, 1969.

The only thing I've done since last night is connect to my car "Ford Sync USB", but it says it couldn't find any files.  I was able to listen to music via bluetooth...

I'm having so many stupid little problems with the Z10...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: SD Card full of DONT_DEL001 files

Hi ryled_up1,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone. Can you please ask your wireless service provider to open a ticket with BlackBerry support on your behalf so we can investigate the issue further for you and provide a resolution?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryled_up1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

My service provider refused to open a ticket with BlackBerry support on my behalf and said that a BlackBerry Technical Advisor should have been able to do it on their own.  They also suggested that my brand new SD card was faulty and couldn't help me.

My solution was to reformat the SD card, resync all my files and not connect to Ford Sync via USB again.  I retired my iPhone for the Z10 and am now using it as an iPod via Ford Sync USB.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dearsina
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

I did the same thing, plugged my phone into a Ford. Same deal, couldn't find any files and instead corrupts my SD card. RIM, any way of restoring the data? I had a lot of stuff I would like to keep on my card.
Please use plain text.
maverick21
My Device: Z10, STL100-3, Ver. 10.2.1.537
My Carrier: Telus

I having these same issues.  I set my Z10 to USB Mass storage, and plug it into my 2009 Ford Sync USB.  It tells my that it can't play protected content, and says that there is no media files (yet I had over 30GB of songs).  I disconnect it to find all my songs are now missing from my microSD card, and I have reformat the card again.  Bluetooth works fine, but it would be nice to have the voice command for music the same as my iPhone has.

Please use plain text.