If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Paulver
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Belgacom
Accepted Solution

SMS

Hello All,

My new BBZ10 is a beautiful machine. However, after one week of trying, I still didn't succeed in sending a SMS.

With my former BB9000, I used it everyday. It is important for my business.

In the Z10, SMS is invariably changed to Chat, ot MMS, or anything else, and is does not arrive at the intended recipient. Z10 doesn't even tell me the message did not go through.

Can anybody tell me how I should proceed ?

Best regards,

Paulver

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: SMS

There's no difference between SMS on a Z10 and on older BlackBerry devices so it's nothing that you're doing wrong.  Something in your phone's OS is glitching (by the sounds of it) so let's start with the most basic of solutions, a battery pull.  That's another thing that hasn't changed with the Z10, you can still remove the battery to troubleshoot issues.  So go ahead and yank the battery out while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Paulver
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Belgacom

The SMS try to my wife has succeeded. Is it necessary, as appears until now, to have the correspondent among the contacts for being able to send an SMS to them ?
Anyhow, thanks for the tip.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Your phone can send an SMS to any phone, not just to contacts of yours.  If someone who's not in your contacts list cannot receive an SMS from you, it's probably because they have a firewall set up on their phone to block all SMS messages from non-contacts.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.