Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: SMTP API faulty on BB Z10

[ Edited ]

I also have this problem.

One of my IMAP accounts has never worked on my Z10 (always worked on my Bold 9780 and everywhere else).

Zenutech (my email provider) were very clear on what they believed the problem was when I opened a ticket with them:

"There is currently no fix and it is only associated with BlackBerry 10 devices. As a workaround, BlackBerry had told our customers to use their server's SMTP without authentication. As soon as our other client did this, thousands of messages were spammed from their account. I would seriously consider returning the phone and upgrading to an Android or iPhone. This is a problem with Blackberrys and not our servers. It is up to you to if you want to risk your email account from being compromised if you decide to use their workaround."

That's right: at least one email provider has recommended their customers get a different phone as a result of this issue. If this isn't fixed very soon, it will start to erode BB10's reputation as a reliable OS.

I upgraded my BlackBerry and, with that, lost the ability to connect to an IMAP email account I use daily.

3 steps forwards... 1 step back.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: t-mobil

with the new AT&T firmware the smtp prob is solved.

Only CALDAV on synology still does not work!

Contributor

It's not fixed for me. Emails I try to send from one particular account get stuck with the clock face icon showing a pending "send" status.

My firmware is the latest version (10.0.10.85).

Contributor
My Carrier: t-mobil

well, you do NOT have the latest!

BlackBerry OS 10.0.10.822 (software version 10.0.10.116) That is the latest and should solve your prob!

My Carrier: Vodafone

You are lucky. I have version 10.0.10.90 and it says there are no updates.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Unfortunately StrawBerryZ10 you do have the latest release for your carrier, perhaps Rogers is holding off on that update because 10.1 is so close to being released. A very unfortunate decision for those that are waiting for the SMTP implementation to be fixed, but maybe we will get the nice new version first because they are testing it already? My fingers are crossed for 10.1 quickly simpy because I want the additional 10.1 features as my SMTP servers are all able to handle the lack of CR coming from the ZED. If I had the SMTP issue I would be looking at the leaked version of the release, but that is an "at your own risk" type of thing. Smiley Wink Google it.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I check for updates daily and it keeps on telling me I have the current version. I can see from this thread that Rogers are holding back the LATEST version for some reason.

I'll call them in case a Tier 3 can give me an update. Worth a try!

Tier 1 and 2 at Rogers BlackBerry support have no idea and weren't able to ask anyone who knew.

I guess I'll just have to put up with this until they release the update. Oh well.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

We can only hope that the reason that Rogers has decided to hold back the patched release of 10.0.10.### is because they are testing 10.1.###.### in order to have that to us in a timely fashion.

This will bring us the ability to run Skype and a bunch of other desired improvements along with the patched up SMTP header issue.

If it is in the pipe being tested then hopefully we will see it before long.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rogers suck.

It's been a few weeks since I last posted on this thread, and I"m still waiting.

Still stuck with 10.0.0.85.

Still can't connect to my Zenutech email account due to a serious bug with this firmware.

Rogers should be aware of how important it is this update is released ASAP. They seem to be sitting on their hands.

This update delay is causing me a great deal of inconvenience.

Other networks managed to relese the update promptly- so I'm not asking for the impossible here.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

Did you try this fix? 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Outgoing-email-did-not-work-so-I-returned-Z10/...

I am on T-mo running current, non-leaked software (10.0.10.85) and was using K9 for faulty POP3 send issues.  (Probably smarter than buying a new phone since it worked perfectly).  A couple weeks ago I started a ticket with BBerry techs and noticed today, they fixed something as my account now works.  However, my send uses asmtp, not smtp.