Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: SSL required for Activesync?

Agreed, less cost but more potential hassle. Also, if you don't currently have a CA installed in your AD environment you're setting yourself up for a lot of extra work just to save a bit of $$$.

But either way, it's better than not using SSL at all.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Georges011D
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: bell

Thank You for the comments on ActiveSync.

Obviously our Website information has not been updated

I look forward to using instructions in you postings.

Georges011D

Please use plain text.
Visitor
sknetsch
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

If you are using Blackberry Enterprise Server 10, you need to have an SSL connection on your Exchange server (CAS or store server, depending on version of Exchange) for a BB Z10 handheld to synchronize e-mail.  However, for PlayBooks through BES10, SSL is not required.  According to the support incident I have opened, this is an acknowledged bug, and the "development team is working on it".

If you are doing direct ActiveSync from a Z10 and not using BES, SSL is not required. You can disable SSL on in the settings on the Z10 and connect unencrypted to Exchange.  It is not a good idea to do so over public networks, but it can be done.

Please use plain text.
oodo
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

I cannot connect my Z10  to a Maildaemon Groupware Server via ActiveSync.

The connection to the server via browser and worldclient works fine (https://mdserver.address.com) - with a request at first, if I trust the certificate - yes I do. Than it seems to be installed permanentely. But when I try to create an Exchange account (as described by AltN) the connection cannot be established. Is the same certificate used as in the browser or do I have to install the key manually (and how?). Or is the problem somewhere else?

I'm very unhappy with this because the integrated BES (in MDaemon) does not support Blackberry 10 devices (yet?).

oodo

Please use plain text.