Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Playbook (x2), Z10 and PassPort
My Carrier: Rogers / Thunder Bay Tel
Accepted Solution

Save to home screen not working after restore

Hi

My Z10 was stolen last week, fortunately I had made a backup a few days before. I bought another Z10 today, restored my backup to it and everything seemed to go very smoothly. Until I tried to save a browser url to the home screen.

The process appears to go normally, except the icon never appears on the home screen. Saving url's as bookmarks works, but I'd like to save some to the home screen lke I used to be able to do.

I've come across other Z10 owners that have the same problem after doing a restore and have not been able to find a solution.

Any ideas????

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Playbook (x2), Z10 and PassPort
My Carrier: Rogers / Thunder Bay Tel

Re: Save to home screen not working after restore

It's working!!

Did a factory reset, restored my backup again and this time it worked. The only thing that was different was a new (released sometime this afternoon) update to BB Link.

I don't know if re-restoring fixed the problem or updating BB Link before the re-restore fixed it. Although my "gut" feeling is that the BB Link update solved it, because all my "home screen" short-cuts also reappeared (they were missing after the first attempt).

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Save to home screen not working after restore

Apparently I've got even  worse experience of yours with my Z10 , I've braked mine and because I've got a insurance policy , I've received  a new one but they took the old one in t he minute the new one was broth in . I tried to do" switch devises thing but it asked me for the first one which obviously I don't own any more , den I simply tried to restore the date (4 times ) not successful ... What should I do ?