Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Saving E-Mail Messages

I have an e-mail which I would like to save for future reference.  If I simply leave it on the HUB I'm afraid I may accidentaly delete it in error.  However I cannot seem to find any method to save it.  Also, in my e-mail HUB I cannot create a saved message folder.

Can someone please advise how to save a message?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Saving E-Mail Messages

A few suggestions;

1) A Link backup will preserve it.

2) Long hold the email and select File to place in a different folder

3) Copy and paste the text to the Remember App

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

BBSJDev

Suggestions 1 and 3 are not practical.  Your suggestion #2 does not allow me to save the message.  When I long hold and save to file, all that shows up are my e-mail folders

Inbox

Sent

Outbox

Drafts

There is no folder for saved messages and the program does not provide an option to create a new folder where I can same messages to.

Developer

These folders come from your email server, are you using imap, if so then the email should be preserved on the server any way.
If you still worries or are using pop or other then I suggest logging in to your provider using their email front-end, creating a folder and then copying it across.

There is no save to file option, and I'm not sure why copy and paste wasn't suitable to your needs but perhaps the above will help.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Contributor

BBSJdev

Thanks for your help.  I telephoned Godaddy.  Because I use a POP account I cannot add a saved folder to my account but e-mails are not deleted from the server when deleted from Z10.

An IMAP will allow me to add a saved mail folder but messages will be deleted from the server when deleted from Z10.

In light of this, I've decided keeping msgs on the server is a far more important feature and so I've decided to keep things as they are.  Your help is appreciated whereby I can make an informed decision.

Developer

[ Edited ]

You're welcome.

For future reference if someone has helped you you would normally click on the like button by the messages that you've appreciated.

Also it's more useful to set the 'Accept as Solution' to the message or messages that actually answer your OP so that future searchers with the same problem can quickly get to the answer.

Note I'm not saying that this one is incorrect but in your other thread it would have been more useful to accept myself and the other responder as the answer rather than 'Ok good to know' which isn't really. :smileyhappy: