Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Candocad
My Device: Z10

Screen Burn: Flip Shell Case and half a screen.

I have  a Z10 that has screen 'screen burn' (a permanent ghost effect) due to the flip shell case. It appears that the screen dims the screen, a part from the central spine of the case which now has this burn.

Also, I use a password with the unit, it sometimes only shows the left half of the screen upon activation (in large type) and there is only part of the key board visible. 

No way to cure it, apart from shutting down and turning it back on.

Not very impressed.

Trusted Contributor
ratcat
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10

Re: Screen Burn: Flip Shell Case and half a screen.

Not sure what you are discribing.  I also have a Blackberry Flip Shell Case and have no issues with screen burn of any kind.  When the case flips over the front the screen is blanked.  Is your case maybe defective in some way?   I have had mine since early March 2013 when I got the phone and love it.  I like how the flip is hinged in the middle so it can act as a handle or a stand.  Is it possible that your screen has become damaged or is defective.  If it is the same case I have I do not see how screen burn in could occur.

New Contributor
Candocad
My Device: Z10

Re: Screen Burn: Flip Shell Case and half a screen.

The screen detects ambient light levels, and boosts / dims the screen accordingly.

The flip shell case has a central spine which is notched to allow for the folding of the cover. This notch is 'v' shaped, and it appears that the screen has a ghost effect along this spine. Either in white screen or black, you can see a vertical line permanently 'burned' onto the screen.

Unlikley it is coincidential that this line is in the exactly the same location as the central spine on the case, so I think it is the case design? 

I had mine since the day of release of the Z10, and it detracts from an otherwise neat product.

Do you ever have a the half black screen if you use a password to activate the unit?

Candocad.