Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Tuckerboy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Screen protecter on BB10

I was having problems viewing from screen to screen. More so when I was outdoors in the cold or when my fingers were cold. I had a screen protector placed on my phone when I purchased it. The screen protector was causing my problem. I removed it and phone phone works perfectly anywhere.

Take my advise don't put a screen a protector on your phone. This advise was given to be from Blackberry support.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: Screen protecter on BB10

I'm generally of the opinion that getting a protective case is much more useful than buying screen protectors. The benefits of the latter are questionable at best, but they do help keep lots of accessory makers in business ;-)
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I'm of a different opinion. I believe it depends on the quality of the actual screen protector. With the BB10 so new, the choices are rather limited still. I will be very interested to see what the market brings out as time passes (personally, I'm hoping for Zagg!).

But...an experience...with my 9530 (I think...it might have been a 9550...I've had many different models!), I was getting out of the car and taking my BB out of my holster at the same time. It slipped out of my hands, falling screen down flat to the pavement. There was a tiny rock on the pavement, just enough to take the hit and crack the screen. Had I had a screen protector on it, that crack may not have happened (I do say "may"...I have no evidence that the protector would have for sure prevented it). The device continued to function properly, though I did need to put a screen protector on it then just to stop micro-cutting my fingertips on the cracked section!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I have a screen protector on my Z10. It was actually one of the first things I ordered. The one I got is from BodyGuardz and I have no problems with it either effecting the clarity of the screen or the touch sensitivity. I put a screen protector on all my devices. I'd rather pay the $10-$20 and have some peace of mind than not have one on and need to take extra care not to drop it or place it next to keys or coins in my pocket. 

Please use plain text.