Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
alsarafm
My Device: Blackberry z10

Select all (Broadcast message)

Hello all

I got my blackberry z10 and I'm really happy with it.

But there is a big problem 

I can't select all my contacts to send a broadcast message on bbm, I should select them one by one and I have more than 100 contacts :No: .

Please can you solve this problem

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Select all (Broadcast message)

Select all doesn't to be an option on the BBM Contacts. But go to your BBM , click on contacts, you will see all of them there, Click on the first name and hold it for 2 seconds a little black slider pops on thr right. select more,  now select the ones your want to send a broadcast message, once finish click on send broadcast message.

New Contributor
alsarafm
My Device: Blackberry z10

Yes but the problem is I can't select 100 contacts by clicking one by one to send a broadcast message is there a button that selects them all automatically?
New Contributor
mdrend
My Device: blackbery 10

By the way this is a big featre that was lost and should be returned ! RIM/blackberry  I hope you are reading the feedback from your users because this is a big feature that was left out from the blackberry 10

I live in the midle east ( UAE to be exact) and have my friends on bbm do nothing but broadcast .   I garuantee that if they switch to z10 they will definitely hate the experience and switch to another device instantly ! it may be revert back to their old blackberry or worst jump to another vendor

Seriously!   bring this feature back ! , its a simple patch that says select all

hope you are listening

Regular Contributor
streetcharm
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I agree. As an event promoter with over 1000 contacts - my new Z10 has become useless in this regard as sitting there and selecting 1000 contacts one at a time is NOT an option.

New Contributor
CyberDaeng
My Device: Z10

Very much agree. I had over 800 clients contacts in my BBM. Now I dont know how to broadcast promo and event for our clients. Its too much work.
New Contributor
mdrend
My Device: blackbery 10

Fear not, this has been confirmed for 10.1
Regular Contributor
streetcharm

Say it so - where is it documented?
jotees
My Device: z10

well, the 'select all' option is now there. But when you select all, the messages do not get delivered. You still have to tap each contact one at a time to send a BC. I have over 1400 contacts on BBM for event network purposes. I do not want to have to tap each contact at a time to send a broadcast. Please Help! Fast!

Regular Contributor
streetcharm

What do you mean it doesn't get delivered? Works like a charm for me and my partners. Do all 1400 contacts appear in the "To:" field before you press send?