Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 switching from Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Server locations.....

I am considering using a cloud service in the future. One thing I need to know without a doubt before I make the decision is, where are the servers located for the blackberry cloud. I cannot sync my information to Outlook.com as the servers are not located in Canada. I really need a "Canadian" solution if cloud services are the way of the future.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Server locations.....

What Blackberry Cloud are you referring to?
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

There is no BlackBerry cloud (other than BB Protect which is used for device locating, remotely locking the device, etc.) The only cloud your device syncs to is whatever email system you connect to.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

When doing my research on this there is some talk of RIM developing a cloud for users, it is not real yet just being looked at by developers. Sorry for the confusion.

Contributor

So with Blackberry "pushing" users to the cloud system of outlook,, google sync, the answer would be there is no Canadian service that can say the data stays in our country, therefore it does not meet my business needs :smileysad:, Sadly that leaves the Iphone so I can still sync data directly by usb to my phone. I am off to talk to my rep :smileysad:

Very Sad.