Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

joy_hernandez31
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: du

Setting Up BBM in BB Z10

please guys i need help.  I just bought my BB Z10 and also it's my 1st time to own a Blackberry handset.  So, its my first time to set up my BBM too.  While setting up my BBM, it's been a whole day that this message appears on screen "Associating BB with your Blackberry ID".  Please help, what am I going to do?   Is this a problem on the handset or problem in the carrier?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Setting Up BBM in BB Z10

It's more than likely associated with the BBM server and not with your handset.  Just to be sure, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  This will reboot your phone and clear the cache of anything nasty.  Once you've done that, try setting up your BBM again.  If it still doesn't want to co-operate, give it a few hours and try again.  For the record, this is not the standard outcome; usually you can set up your BBM within seconds.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.