Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Setting up GMAIL Account only for calendar access

I wanted to ask the Board Members if they had any experience with this, before I mess up my Z10.

I need to access a Google Calendar, and add its contents to my calendar on the Z10 constantly updated. Otherwise I use the Link software with USB with Outlook 10 and use the BBLink Calendar account on my device. Right now I don't link Gmail with my Z10 and I don't intend to.

As I tried to set it up, it seems that Google wants to access my device, set up an email account, sync my contacts. I stopped the setup and did not move forward.

I have the leaked OS, which is awesome, BTW and and I have the add Subscribed Calendar option in the add new account settings, but I was unable to do so after I tried www.google.com as the server address or the link google provides in the calendar setting option..

Is there any way to add a GMAIL account with syncing the mail, contacts, just getting a 1-way sync of a calendar?

My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Setting up GMAIL Account only for calendar access

Install as normal then delete the email and contacts parts under Settings->Accounts->Gmail.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

During the setup process, you may be (depends on your OS level) presented with several different screens, some will appear to come from GMail, and others from BlackBerry. One of those may make statements about wanting to authorize the set up calendar, contacts, and emails...but that particular screen will not provide any options but to accept or cancel. This screen is actually just informative...saying that you must accept if you wish to be able to use ANY of those, but that screen does not actually configure any of them. When you accept this first screen, it will proceed to other screens, one of which is where you will actually choose which of the functions you wish to integrate (calendar, contacts, and/or email)...simply slide to OFF those you do not wish to enable.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.

Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Alternate method:

Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Advanced > CalDAV. Enter your credentials.

Server address is: www.google.com/calendar/dav/[your gmail address]/events

Then set your sync interval, and you're done.  You'll get the same Gmail account permissions screen, but only your calendar will be synced.

My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the helpful responses.

You guys are the BEST!