Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Sharing Video - BBM or Text must be addressed

Long time user.  Very happy with the new phone and software.

I would like to make a suggestion.  As a loyal BB user and fan, I get frustrated when another device can do something my BB cannot....something that makes sense and is needed (I don't care about the add ones and APS I'll never use as a 'BB' client) 

Sharing Video sucks on the BB, always has and must be addressed.  The new camera is great, but unless my wife takes a very very very very short video of the kids, she must upload it to you tube in order to share it.....she should be able to BBM/text me the video.

I hope some BB users agree, I'd like to keep my wife in a blackberry (she's always had one also and loves the Keyboard, upgrade to Q10, doesn't use it for business at all)  I'm a shareholder and a fan of the product....but not being able to share video with the push of a button (we don't use You Tube, don't care too) is a good reason for my wife to have an I PHONE......the last thing I want my BB to make me is frustrated and having to upload video to the internet to share it........FRUSTRATING!  Sort it out. 

The new device does a good job fulfilling the needs of business users (loyal BB users) and has built a platform that fulfills important wants of the current smart phone user (many old and current BB users).  

Little things like video sharing make a huge difference for the avg smart phone user, the stay at home moms, the non business users, students etc...

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Sharing Video - BBM or Text must be addressed

I too wonder why that limitation still exists, maybe it is carrier related?
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

These are carrier restrictions. Contact Bell about it as BB has little to do with it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I'm with Bell I think I should give that try see if I experience the same problem!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
New Contributor

Thank you for the response John......

You've stated this is a bell issue, not a software/design issue...I'm no techy, but are you saying that the individuals I see sharing videos.... lets say the I Phone, have contacted bell about this issue?  And bell allowing them to share their videos in a efficient manner?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The carriers set size restrictions on data. If you're sharing over email you can also run into email provider size restrictions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I think you're dead wrong John....it makes no sense Bell would have double standards (yes I am on Bell, switched from Rogers with the new Z10)....Blackberry users have different restrictions then Samsung, nokia, HTC and apple? 

And if you're right and they do, we shouldn't be having this discussion, Blackberry should address it....not me not any single Blackberry user.  Nobody wants a rash...and that's what this is.  I'd be very disappointed to find out this is a simple issue, and has been for 10 years, between Blackberry and its various carrier agreements. 

If you're implying I need a better plan in order to send regular videos....I can guarantee I don't have any, nor have ever had a plan that has any kind of restrictions.

Is it possible you're not understanding the original complaint....I can send and receive very very very short video, but nothing over a few seconds.  BB has always been like this, 'video is too large to send'...or if you get a video from another device its too large to receive. 

Guru II

I understand the complaint. You mentioned "BBM/text". Well, which is it? There is a HUGE difference between the two.

If you're emailing them then the limitations will be on the carrier and/or the email provider end.

If you're using BBM to send videos then I don't think BBM supports large file transfer. I know it used to be around 6MB but not sure if that's changed.

How large (not in time length but in file size) are the videos you're trying to send?
New Contributor

Seriously John

I've never used a chat room or posted anything to the internet before.  Not being the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to electonics,I was apprehesive posting anything to the site. 

I made this post as I was with the understanding that the company would be taking serious/ligidimate concerns into consideration for upgrades, not to have a pointless conversation.... is there a better place to send these suggestions?

Now I'm stuck in a conversation with you.....that sucks.....BB sucks at transferring or recieving videos, always have.  If you own a BB, try it for yourself before coming on here and making an arguement with no merrit.  Can't send a 20 second video to another BB 10 user (sorry can send but can't open), can't send a 5 second video via BBM or text.....6MB clearly is not GOOD ENOUGH.  If you don't understand the problem, don't butt in...I only hope someone at the company sees my post and takes it into consideration when sending the new software updates next time around.

Please don't reply

Guru II

Seriously Csherer

If you would have taken a moment to read the terms and conditions when you signed up for the forum you would have read that this is a "peer to peer community" where users help other users. BB rarely comment in threads on this forum. This is written at the very top of EVERY page of this forum. Scroll up and you'll see.

If you want official customer support you need to contact your carrier and ask to be escalated to BB Support.

If "BB sucks at transferring or receiving videos, always have" then why did you buy one? There are lots of solutions to your problem but you refuse to use any of them. Not much anyone can do for you. What sucks is I wasted time out of my day to reply here with the intent of helping you.

With an attitude like yours toward other users I doubt you'll find much help on this or any Internet forum.

Thank you and have a nice day.

John