Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Short battery life on Z10.

My battery is not even lasting a day.  Any suggestions as to why?

What is draining it.  I have heard that shutting of LTE unless data is required will make a big difference.

Thanks,

s

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Short battery life on Z10.

Do you currently have the lastest OS update?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

How long have you had your new z10? Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Z 10

Yes I have the latest update. I've had the phone for 1.5 weeks.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

OK, if you have the 10.0.10.85 update and your phone for a few weeks things should have settled down battery-wise by now. Smiley Happy

I have seen a few people recommend running a backup and reloading the OS on the device to make sure you are not having any software issues. Might be worth a try.

I found that I was playing with my new 'toy' constantly for about 3 weeks after I got it.. since I've stopped using it 16 hours a day it seems to have much better battery life. Smiley Very Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

What sort of usage do you have on it? I noticed that if you're using things like BBM extensively throughout the day, or if you're streaming music over Bluetooth for several hours, or playing games on the device, those things will all cause a fairly significant battery drain.

I'm a moderate to heavy user myself, and I notice that on the days when I'm constantly on it checking emails, BBMs, etc, the battery life doesn't last, but on the days when I don't use it too much, I can easily make it for 12 hours and still have 50% battery life remaining. On my days with particularly heavy usage, I can drain the battery in 5 hours.

All of that said though, it did take my device about 2 weeks to settle down after I got it or reloaded the OS. Give it a few more days and then if you're still having problems with battery life, I would also recommend the OS reload that drewread suggested.

There is a thread at the top of this board that should be able to help you with this process.

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!