Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Shortened battery life after software update to version 10.1.0.4181

I updated my Blackberry software after being notified of the update last week Tuesday ie August 20, 2013. About 30 minutes after the update, I was just using the phone and the phone just shut down even though my battery indicator was showing that I have full battery. I did all to power it back all to no avail until I had to put it on charge that where I say that the battery has drained. But after about 2 minutes of charging the phone came on and the battery is showing that it is full. This has continued since then. 

So based on my observation, my battery indicator no longer reflect the true battery status. 

Please, I need help on what to do to solve this problem. For now, I don't know when I have full battery or when my battery is going down. I don't think it is wise to alway have the phone pluged on the charger as this I think might affect the battery. But I have had to resort to doing this since last week to avoid the phone shutting down suddenly when I'm in the middle of an important discussion.

I need solution to this problem please.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport

Re: Shortened battery life after software update to version 10.1.0.4181

Hi There,

Have you tried to reload the software? If you have BlackBerry Link you can reload possibly to the older version of the OS, do the update afresh. There might have been some error during the update, also make sure you do the update via wifi.