Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Sigh...njow outgoing emails are a problem

So now, all of a sudden, my Blackberry doesnt seem to be able to SEND emails on my @mydomain email address. Emails come in, but dont go out. No apparent reason. I pulled battery and hair, both. No result. I read somewhere to switch off ssl authentication. Did that. Didnt work. I deleted and recreated the email account. Didnt work. Maybe i should just return this and get the iPhone 5. The gmail works fine.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Sigh...njow outgoing emails are a problem

Your SMTP server is being blocked with your service privider for you personal email site or when you are connected to your wi-fi that service provider is blocking you. 

read this post ( KB29891 ).

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I thought I was the only one having that problem. 

Its not my ISP blocking me because it will be working for awhile, then occasioanlly start having authentication problems and in turn fails to send emails. 

I will then go and access email from other devices and they all work just fine. 

I then recheck my account settings on the Z10 and they are the same as my other devices but still it is having problems connecting to the smtp server via port 25. 

Then later on email will start to magically work all on its own. 

I then go recheck the account settings and they are exactly the same but now are mysteriously working.

Its the Z10 and not my ISP.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Donb, you have nailed it.

And u don't use z10 over wifi.

Email started again. But this makes Z10 extremely unreliable for business.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

My work around was this. I have a custom web site and custom email server. At home through my high speed internet, my incoming mail is not an issue with outlook. But my outgoing mail server is being blocked. I use my home high speed internet providers mail server for my outgoing mail. The other solution is to change your outgoing mail server port from 25 to 26 so it wont be blocked.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Arsen. When you do this work around, where does the your mail appear to come from when your recipient views it? Does it look like it came from the same address that the original mail was sent to?
Super Contributor

ummie4 wrote:
Arsen. When you do this work around, where does the your mail appear to come from when your recipient views it? Does it look like it came from the same address that the original mail was sent to?

it will look like it came for whatever email address you feel fit to type in.  i can do that with my email service.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Ex)

I receive an email from my @work.com. I reply to this email using my local isp SMTP server. My recipient views it as coming from my @work.com email address?

Is this what you are saying? I can mix the receive and send mail servers?

Super Contributor

ummie4 wrote:

Ex)

I receive an email from my @work.com. I reply to this email using my local isp SMTP server. My recipient views it as coming from my @work.com email address?

Is this what you are saying? I can mix the receive and send mail servers?

that is correct.  you can mix servers.