Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Silence! I kill you! (But not on my Z10)

[ Edited ]

It appears that with BB10 you cannot customize a ringtone for a contact that is silent.  Under BB7 there were a lot of options:  ringtone, volume, when to play, LED, vibration, and vibrate with ringtone.  So for those annoying contacts, you just set to silent, no LED, and no vibration.  The phone would light up, but otherwise you would not know that they were calling.  I assigned all salesmen's numbers to my DNA contact with these options set.

Now what?  Do I record some silence and save it as a ringtone, then assign that ringtone to the annoying contacts?

Did a former android programmer write this part of BB10?  This was one of the issues I had with android when I (briefly) use a Galaxy.  And what about us holster users?  I was comforted knowing that my holstered BB would NEVER beep out in court and cause me to go to jail if I forgot to change the profile to vibrate.

I love my Z10.  Lets make it perfect so that all those other people will too.

UPDATE:  I found a ringtone called silent.  Using SMS, I sent it to myself.  I assigned the "silent" ringtone to the offending contact.  Not sure what to do about the LED and vibrate, however.  I think BB is going to have to fix that.

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

Re: Silence! I kill you! (But not on my Z10)

My Z10 is on SR 10.1.273 OS 10.1.0.1720

Like you, I also maintain a list of "annoying" contacts.  With my Z10, I'm able to set ringtone and notifications for each contact.  Ringtone (vibrate and LED), message tone (vibrate and LED), BBM (vibrate and LED); I just set them all to OFF.

Yes, it is a huge pain because I had to do it for EACH contact I want to ignore - that's nine settings I have to set for each contact. 

Really makes me miss OS7. With OS7, I have a "ignore" notification profile that I just assign to the contact.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: mts

Re: Silence! I kill you! (But not on my Z10)

Funny, I had the seem feeling about the programmers involved with this phone. Like let's get guys that have never used a blackberry to write the software
"You say you worked for IPhone ", "great, you never used a phone for businrss,your hired ".