Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: Airtel

Sim card not detected - Service center came back with a huge bill..disappointed for being a BB fan

I am Naveen Duraisamy, an unfortunate customer of Blackberry Z10.  Just to give you a background, I am a huge fan of Blackberry and saved all my money and waited patiently to buy blackberry Z10.  As soon as the product was launched, I was one of the few customer that bought so early, because of my blackberry loyalty. I bought the Z10 mobile on 05-March-2013 from Sangeetha mobile show room at Koramangala, Bangalore.

Now coming to the problem. I have got an airtel connection and installed the sim card.  Since the day 1, I had sim card not detected error message and could not place any call from my new mobile.  Please refer to this link and so many customers are having this problem
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Dev-Alpha-device-not-detecting-microsi...

I went to Sangeetha show room and the guys tried multiple ways by inserting/reinserting sim card and it was not working.  Then they suggested me to go to the service center at Cunningham road.  (It is surprising, that the showroom did not own any responsibility and let the customer go and get the phone fixed).

I gave the mobile to service center and got a service call logged in on 27-Mar-2013.  Now after 9 working days, I get a huge bill of 6725 INR (tax excluded) saying that the sim card slot is damaged.  My first doubt is where and who did the damage is unknown.  It can be me, it can be the guy who tried to fix, or it could have happened at the hands of service folks.
2.  The root cause of this problem is sim card not detected, if the sim card was working fine, this damage would not have happened.

3.  So much for waiting patiently, and buying this phone at a huge cost Rs 43,495. 

I would like to have a new handset replaced or I want my money back.  I am not going to pay the money and get it fixed.  Still the problem is not the damaged slot, it is something else.

can anyone  please suggest how to proceed on this?

Regards,

Irated Blackberry customer

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Sim card not detected - Service center came back with a huge bill..disappointed for being a BB fan

Welcome to the forums. This is a peer-to-peer community support forum so there is little we can do for you here. Your only recourse is with your wireless service provider where you bought the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Re: Sim card not detected - Service center came back with a huge bill..disappointed for being a BB fan

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.  It does not work in India as it works in other parts of the world.  The wireless provider is not the one who gave me the mobile.  I got it through a store and had a sim card from the wireless provider.

All i need is a contact from Blackberry customer service to explain my situation.  It is frustrating to get a contact. 

Thanks,

--Naveen

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That I because BB only provides support through the carriers that sell their devices. If you purchased it somewhere els then your only other recourse would be from the seller of the device.

You can get support from BB but it will be at a cost of $50 US per support incident. For that $50 they will likely just tell you that someone damaged the device and they probably won't replace it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

So you are telling me that., I just accept the problem and get stuck with the device by paying more?

I dont think so.

Guru I

I'm telling you that BB will not provide any warranty directly for the device. Your only recourse is with the seller of the device. You can call BB and pay the $50 if you want. Don't come back and blame me for wasting $50.

1-800-BLK-BERRY
New Contributor

Got a brand new handset replaced..Faith restored.  Thank you Blackberry

Guru I

That's great to hear!
My Device: Z10

I'm having the same issue and not having any luck with BlackBerry. How did you manage to get your device replaced?

Hobbs
Guru I

Contact your provider and tell them of the problem. They should replace the device.