Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
lediob
My Device: Z10

Sim is now full and cannot store additional messages

I have a BlackBerry Z10 with 10.2.0.424 OS. I cannot receive sms anymore because it says that the SIM memory is full. I put the SIM in another phone and all the SMS were received there. Can someone help me please because my BB is becoming useless.

New Contributor
Gerihul
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Sim is now full and cannot store additional messages

I have exactly the same problem, starting to think I should switch to Samsung as my Blackberry is useless to me at the moment!!  Can't even save messages from my email anymore.

Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

[ Edited ]

This has been discussed at length on Crackberry and at the moment, there seem to be three fixes: Call your carrier, some have got it sorted from the carrier end.  A security wipe. But if you then restore from backup, do not restore settings. The other is to replace the SIM, which some have gotten their carriers to do. If these are permanent fixes, am unsure.

Older versions of BBerry allowed you to save sms to SIM, but also to delete them. Unclear what's up. Seems to affect 10.2 OS

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

I couldn`t find any settings in my z10 that would give me option to save SMS to SIM card. Is this a feature provided by the network?  

Forums Advisor II
scrannel

No, apparently there is no way to do this on the Z10, only older models.  Again, what others have done is contact their carrier.  If they cannot resolve, some have replaced their SIM others have done a security wipe. But if you do, and then restore from your backup, do not restore "settings". 

New Contributor
lediob

Well I tried to resolve it with the carrier provider but they could not do anything as the same SIM card when used in other mobile phones was quite OK.

So, I decided to install a leaked OS 10.2.1.176 and everything is back to normality.

Forums Advisor II
scrannel

Thanks for the up date. 

New Contributor
ParulChugh
My Device: bb z10

please share link for leaked version 10.2.1.176

New Contributor
lediob

New Contributor
Dosten
My Device: Z10, STL100-1

I have exactly the same issue. I have stopped receiving text messages for the past three days. Contacted the carrier and they say it's a device issue. I'm running on 10.2.0.431. Have done numerous restarts and battery pulls but to no avail. It's become extremely frustrating. I'll try the security wipe also but if anyone has a concrete solution to this, then please share.