Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

ashishb
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Skype, Viber, WhatsApp on Z10

I saw launching of BlackBerry Z10 and they said, apps like Skype, WhatsApp will be available for Z10. I bought my phone and surprised that these apps currently not available on Z10. At this point, I can't return my phone so really go stuck with BlackBerry Z10. Any updates in this forum, when we will get these applications which are usually available with other Smart Phones. I hope, I haven't choose wrong product.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Skype, Viber, WhatsApp on Z10

You haven't chosen the wrong product.  All of these apps have committed to being on the BB10 platform.  That doesn't mean they'll be there at launch, it just means they're on the way.  Keep in mind that when the iPhone and Android phones launched, they had next to nothing to offer in the way of apps.  BB10 had over 70,000 apps at launch.  Some of the apps you're looking for will just take a bit longer to arrive.  As to when they'll be here, nobody can answer that.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

ashishb
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

In this competition world, how can company launch a product which doesn't have basic need of customer. All other smart phones are smart enough that they all all these applications. If this Z10 launched in 2008 or 2009, we can expect that it will take time to get such applications ..but they launched in 2013 where all such functionalities available with all of other competitiors..

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

The basic needs of one customer is not the same as the next.

Also, it is down to the app developers themselves to deliver the product, not BlackBerry. Seeing as the phone has been due for over a year, and developer devices have been made available to developers, what more could BlackBerry do?

They are coming, it is a brand new phone and OS, and there's plenty of wiggle room right now.

Also, if you desperately want WhatsApp, then android version can be side loaded until the official BlackBerry 10 version is finished.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
yasserhy
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I join my voice with you. Blackberry should have provided the basics at launch. the facebook app is even a bad app and lacking soooo much

Yasser Youssef
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Yasserhy, have you contacted any of these developers to let them know that you are interested in their apps being on BB10?
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

[ Edited ]

I emailed Whatsapp 2 month ago before the launch of the Blackberry Z10 Event they told me they were not going to developed for Blackberry 10.  I guess they find something good about the blackberry 10 to all of a sudden start developing app for blackberry again.

Most of the App you named : Skype, Viber, WhatsApp... Had no plan to developed any app for Blackberry 10... They all wait and watch to see the response of the crowd responses before starting the development. This is not Blackberry fault of course since blackberry provides all the nesssary tool and help for developers. It is only up to the developer if they want to make a app for blackberry10.

Contributor
huseinayash
My Device: Blackberry Toch 9860, Blackberry Z10 & PlayBook

come on Blackberry... we are loyel user, so we need that stuffs please.....

Hussein Ayash
Regular Contributor
amansour
My Device: z10

Cas118, you mentioned that we can download the Android version of WhatsApp on BlackBerry 10, can you please tell us how to do so?
Trusted Contributor
ViberTeam
My Device: 9900

Hi,
This is an official representative of Viber Media.

Viber is not yet available for this device, but we're looking into it, please stay tuned. :smileyhappy:

For more questions or technical support, please visit our official HelpDesk.
Thanks,
Viber

An official representative from Viber Media (Viber app.)