Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
cov
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook

Skype contacts

When I turn on skype app on my Z10 I get in my contacts all the skype contacts although I have turned off syncronisation betwwen skype and Z10. Please advise how I can keep skype contacts separate from the Z10 ones

Trusted Contributor
mkatkinson
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Skype contacts

This is discussed elsewhere in this Forum.  I had the same problem, you have to turn off the sync in the Skype Settings as you say you have already done, AND you need to delete the Facebook app from your device if you have that installed.  I did, and I no longer heve the Skype contacts syncing with the main contacts.

You will pobably have to delete the the duplicated contacts manually after you have done the above to clean the contacts.  Good luck!

Regular Contributor
cov
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook

Thanks for your time. Do you mean get rid of the Skype app altogether?

Trusted Contributor
mkatkinson
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

No!  Leave the Skype app but delete the Facebook app.  Apparently there is some sort of link between the two that causes the Skype contacts to sync with the main contacts on your phone, even when you have the do not sync function ticked.

So you have to sacrifice Facebook to have your Skype and contacts working properly.  It worked for me, and I got the suggestion somewhere else in this Forum.  If it doesn't work you can always reload your Facebook.

After you have deleted the Facebook app you need to go into contacts and delete the rogue contacts manually.