Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

w3q
w3q
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: O2

Slovak language support

Hello, I m thinking about buying a new BlackBerry Z10 here at Slovakia, with my girlfriend. We both love new OS and new look of BB Z10 so it was great choice. But, there is a problem with language support, BB 10 does not support Slovak/Slovakian language. Is some update comming that will change that. Using czech would be enormously weard for my friends, even when they understand, and my GF does not understand English, so this is not an option too. We love BBM with great language predictible keyboard and even voice control is amazing, but we can really use that, till you will add support for Slovak/Slovakian language. 

So my question again, are you planning to add Slovak language support for BB Z10 ( or BB 10 ) or is there at least some possibility to add it somehow else, unofficial? At least for input keyboard and predictible writing, I can live without voice control :smileysad:

Thanks for soon answer.

PS: You are loosing a lot of customers due this multilanguage problem this company have. Internet is full of those who are mad BB does not support their language, when the other phones does...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Slovak language support

I do not know when and if it will be added but I did a thorough search and did not find any available Apps.

Perhaps you can interest someone in Slovakia to make a Slovak App.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

fyip.......for your info please
Please use plain text.
otherpatrik
My Device: Z30 (planned)
My Carrier: Orange SK

I have the same request as w3q does. We would like to code new apps for BB10 platform but our customers are choosing between iPhones 5/5s, Galaxy S4, etc phones simply because of non-slovak support. It's such a same.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mingo13mj
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 stl 100-2
My Carrier: what?

Hi, i am from Slovakia and i buy BlackBerry z10 3 Months ago. I have interest for slovak keyboard, keyboard on z10 do not support some slovak letters with diacritics and when i write something some words look and sounds very funny.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

w3q wrote:

Hello, I m thinking about buying a new BlackBerry Z10 here at Slovakia, with my girlfriend. We both love new OS and new look of BB Z10 so it was great choice. But, there is a problem with language support, BB 10 does not support Slovak/Slovakian language. Is some update comming that will change that. Using czech would be enormously weard for my friends, even when they understand, and my GF does not understand English, so this is not an option too. We love BBM with great language predictible keyboard and even voice control is amazing, but we can really use that, till you will add support for Slovak/Slovakian language. 

So my question again, are you planning to add Slovak language support for BB Z10 ( or BB 10 ) or is there at least some possibility to add it somehow else, unofficial? At least for input keyboard and predictible writing, I can live without voice control :smileysad:

Thanks for soon answer.

PS: You are loosing a lot of customers due this multilanguage problem this company have. Internet is full of those who are mad BB does not support their language, when the other phones does...

If you go to Blackberry World, search for FancyTran.  The app is "Built for BlackBerry" and so far has very good reviews. Give it a try. 

Good luck

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mingo13mj

FancyTran its just translator right? We need something else, Slovak localization. I am from Slovakia, most from my comunication is in Slovak language so I need Slovakian keybord with letters how: L with caron or acute, R with acute etc.. For me is not important which language my menu is. but I can't write corect in my native language without some letters.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes it is a translator but if you write in english it will translate to the language of your choice. I don't know if it actually has the slovakian translation of the english words.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mingo13mj

Hey c'mon, I don't need translator. I need diacritic. Thats all. ist nonsense write in english in translator and translate to my native language, when i want write in my native language.
Please use plain text.