Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Software update problem?!

I just updated my BB z10 software this morning and it all worked without any problems. No interruptions, it was fully installed and then I was asked to restart my device ( now or later ) and I restarted it at the moment. Now the problem is that after I did it, when the phone opened again it started to restart by itself. Initially it was appearing on the screen "Blackberry" ( written in white ) and then  removed the battery, put it back, turned on the device and  it appeared that square icon which shows the loading progress when you turn on the phone. So, when was fully loaded it looked like it's about to work, I could have enetered in the menu for few seconds but I couldn't see the SIM card signal ( nor it requested for my SIM card PIN ), and then restarted again. I removed again the battery and after I put it back and tried to turn on my device it wasn't working anymore. Now it doesn't even appear the "Blackberry". It's just black screen and the red light ( like from when you have a notification or something ) is blinking without anything else to happen. Did anyone else encountered this problem? I would really appreciate if someone could help me with an answer.

Super Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Software update problem?!

How did you do the software update? Did you carrier released the update?

Let me know if this help.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I just woke up and it was a message in my BB Hub. I choosed open and it started. Anyway, meanwhile I connected my phone to my laptop, went to BB Link and choosed from the window to restore the factory settings and it worked. The phone is working now and I will try not to update it again :Yes: Thank you anyway!

Super Contributor
My Device: z10

Alright great job.
Let me know if this help.