Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
TheNoseybonk
My Device: Z10

Software update via Link

When I connect my phone to BlackBerry Link  it tells me update 10.0.9.348 is available but it won't download the update.. Nothing happens - it just says downloading update but it doesn't!!!

New Contributor
WarrenD

Re: Software update via Link

I have exactly the same issue, with the addition that Software Release 10.0.9.348 is ALREADY in my Z10 so the update is totally unnecessary. 

I find that BlackBerry Link is an extremely poor piece of code and does not do this company any favors by being so unstable and immature. No wonder we are losing market share. 

Something had better be done soon or a lot of Z10s will be thrown away. I am extremely disappointed.

New Contributor
EinsteinUAE
My Device: Blackberry Z10

it seams to be a bug in Blackberry Link. My phone broke because of this update and I had to reinstall the software. Just ignore it and hope they fix this soon. No need to update at this time. just wait for the next update. Also, you can always make sure you have the latest software directly from your Z10 as this seams to work better than Blackberry Link.
Contributor
TheNoseybonk

There certainly are one or two glitches which is surprising given the amount of time we've had to wait for this product. That said I think it's a nice piece of kit with some great features. I've had many an iPhone geek cast an envious eye over my white Z10. Once they iron out the glitches we'll have an excellent phone to boast about and BlackBerry will be back where it belongs in the smart phone market
New Contributor
WarrenD

I agree that the Z10 is a great phone and I personally prefer it over the iPhone and Android devices, (which I have had at one point or another), however in this day and age when something as basic as "syncing" is an issue, then I think we have a problem. I do admit Link works better (when it does) than Desktop Software, but it still has serious issues that the end user will get very annoyed about. The quicker we get a fix, the better!

Contributor
VENOM7000
My Device: Z10 Black

[ Edited ]

WarrenD wrote:

I have exactly the same issue, with the addition that Software Release 10.0.9.348 is ALREADY in my Z10 so the update is totally unnecessary. 

I find that BlackBerry Link is an extremely poor piece of code and does not do this company any favors by being so unstable and immature. No wonder we are losing market share. 

Something had better be done soon or a lot of Z10s will be thrown away. I am extremely disappointed.

Yeah. Same thing is happening to me. 
Ever since I got the z10 and installed the software.

It always shows the software update notification even though I already downloaded the new UPDATE.

I also noticed that some times It wont sync the music right. It just says that Album art for that song is sync. 
Also for some reason It all gets screwied up If you sign in to a BB acc on the LINK.

I am gonna try it with out signing on to BB acc.  

This is probbably because: once you re-instal the Device because of some problem above. Signing in to the BB acc just gets the LINK to sync back everyproblem You previously had.

New Contributor
duchir

Besides I am a Mac User and can't be that there is no straightforward way of syncing your contacts and ical with the Link. Link is an improvement over the deskyop manager but definetely not enough. Frankly I am begining to think I made a mistake with the Z10 and not simply quiting BB and buying an iphone.

Contributor
AshMirchandani
My Device: P9981 Porsche Design

Hi, I couldn't do or get any update on m Mac, finally I tried syncing with windows and the link popup for update. End result with software downloaded installed n link auto rebooted the z10 the device was not updated but e link confirmed software updated?
New Contributor
duchir

Hi Ash,

I dowloaded de windows version but same problem with mac. no download available and the phone still is dead with the red light flashing.