Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
NoID
My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: none

Solution Z10 Speaker problem

Hi everyone,

After some days my Z10 speaker stopped to work, so I started to find on internet and I found this: comment

I had already tried OS restoring and removing the battery and other stuff, thinking it was OS problem, but this hint worked for me!!
it's not a 100% solution but as far as I've heard everyone has resolved his problem with this.

Here is the solution: remove the battery cover and play music (to notice when it got fixed) and WITHOUT removing the battery press in the middle between the bottom of the battery and the corner and you'll be able to listen to your speaker working again

Here a pic of where to press:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
msaravanaganesh
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Airtel India

Re: Solution Z10 Speaker problem

:Clap:

Thank God i saw your post, It works fine in my case.

I used my headphones to listen music this afternoon for few mins, after that I didn't notice my BB Z10 speaker went off. , when I tried to call my friend then I noticed missed calls due to “volume less issue”,. I was shocked to notice that my BB went **bleep** which I bought 20 days back. 

I tried all the possibilities but nothing worked. I was about to take the device to service center before I saw your post. I tried your remedy steps to fix it, what a surprise it worked oops!!

It’s like the technique used to start the bike when petrol is drained, shaking it or lay down the bike on the road and then if we kick it will get started. Its similar case for BB Z10 to make the speakers work.

I am one of the BB user for past 5 Years, I never heard a fix like this for any kind of issue. I am ashamed to say that I am using BB with this issue.   

Thanks

M. Saravana Ganesh

Please use plain text.
vikirocker
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Solution Z10 Speaker problem

Guys this is ridiculous I bought my z10 like 2 days back and this happens. I am so disappointed. I thought that blackberry must have improved after such a shame in mobile market but it still is giving out such phones. This is really disappointing. Now I have to stick to this phone. I hope blackberry improves this in future or else it will shutdown for sure.
Please use plain text.