Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10

Something to consider for BB Executives....

I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Many of you may not know this, but they will pair and work with the Z-10.  And the Z-10 has a HDMI output, which means I can plug it into my desktop monitor -- or TV.

The mouse pointer comes up if the mouse is paired and connected, and there's a way to "gesture" too.  

So what prevents me from using the Z-10 as a mobile replacement for my laptop, assuming I can get to a screen?  Only a few things, all of which BlackBerry can quite-easily fix.

First, hardware.  A 7 or 10" display that is HDMI connected would be nice.  A wireless link would be even better.  But I'll take wired, with one exception -- there needs to be a mode switch that turns off the phone screen so I can have the full resolution of the attached monitor.  

Second, I need a display profile that allows me to set font sizes and such for the second device and which is active when it is.

And third, I need to be able to do things like cut and paste images and similar things -- including from the Docs-to-go applications. 

If the Zed could do these things I could almost replace my laptop and many people could actually replace theirs

This is especially true when I can use my PC's storage using the already-existing (in 10.1) remote file access.

The ability to take a bluetooth keyboard and pointing device (or a combination of the two in one unit) along with a battery-powered way to display high-res (beyond what the phone can do) or plug into existing high-def displays while emitting at the native screen resolution and having a font size and similar profile appropriate to that external display would be insane.  And awesome.

I've been playing with this somewhat extensively of late and this phone is so close..... so much closer, in fact, than the Android devices that putatively will accept a keyboard and mouse as well.  Doing the rest of the work to make this both seamless and function does not look very hard at all.

BlackBerry, you have an opportunity here to do another thing (like the remote file access) that nobody else does reasonably well, if at all.

So close folks, so close.....

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!