Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Sometimes Garbled Sound

[ Edited ]

I had a few instances where after talking for a long time for more than about ten to fifteen minutes, the sound broke in to a garbled type sound. It was like it was sort of sputtering with the voice. This was in both directions.

At each time I was using an HS-700 Blackberry Bluetooth earphone. I re-booted the phone and the fault repeated.  I am not sure if the fault occured because of several reasons.

• Was it Bluetooth interference?
  • Is it a fault starting with the phone?
  • Can my HS-700 earphone be failing?

I am ruling out reception from the cell network becasue this fault occured in three different locations each of them are many miles apart.

I had a tablet in my pocket in standby with the Bluetooth turned on. I know the tablet Bluetooth is active even when the tablet is in standby. At present, I now turned off the tablet's Bluetooth. I made some phone calls, but none of them exceeded about seven minutes.

Has anyone experienced this type of interference, with any model of Blackberry phone, but especially with the Z10?

Jerry G.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Sometimes Garbled Sound

Hi jerryg50,

Have you tried using the Bluetooth headset with another phone to see if encounter the same issue? I'd also try another Bluetooth headset with your BlackBerry Z10 if possible. This should help to narrow down where the problem is originating.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor III

What is interesting, the problem did not occure so far today, and I used the phone a fair amount.

What I did do, is turn off the Bluetooth in my tablet, which is alway close by to me.  I am wondering if Bluetooth devices can cross channel to each other...?  They are supposed to have automatic frequency managment to avoid this from what I was told. But, maybe the devices I have are not perfect.

If this problem occures again, I am going to try another Bluetooth earphone as you suggested.

Jerry G.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

I'm having the same issue with my z10 and my H's-700. It's a Dailey issue.
Forums Advisor III

I used the phone a fair amount today and the fault did not happen.

The only difference is I made sure the Bluetooth on all other devices near me was turned off. I carry around a Playbook and another phone with me and I generally leave the Bluetooth turned on.

Over time, I will see if the problem persists.

Jerry G.
Visitor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Same problem here with my z10 and 2 different earbuds.  One is a Voyager Pro+ and the other a Jabra.  Upgrading to 10.1.0.273 made no difference.  If I have the phone in direct line of sight with the earbud it works fine but if it's in my pocket then the reception gets garbled.  There were never any problems with my old iPhone 3G and the range was a lot better with it too.  I suspect a low power bluetooth radio in order to conserve battery life.

It sort of defeats the purpose to have to hold your phone up to your earbud!! Smiley Happy

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia

My wifes IPhone does the garbled sound all the time.