Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Graham-GB
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Sorry RIM. After 8 days have handed back z10

The Z10 i purchased a week last Thursday would have been my 5th BB. I spent 6 days trying to set up my email accounts, then I loaded BB Link; transfered data from BB 9800 to Z10 and for 3 days thought that everything was working. I thought that it had synced my Outlook contacts & calendar, but actually found that all i had were those correct at transfer. Convinced in my own mind that a BB would instantly sync with Outlook spent 3 days trying to figure out what i was doing wrong. Then came onto the Forum only to discover that BB had not made it a function. Why???? Am I alone in using Outlook, am I the only person who sync with a standalone, am I the only one does not trust the Cloud.  To hear that RIM are aware and will rectify is no good. My BB is my mobile office, an essential piece of equipment.   I handed it back today.

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Sorry RIM. After 8 days have handed back z10

[ Edited ]

Graham-GB wrote:

The Z10 i purchased a week last Thursday would have been my 5th BB. I spent 6 days trying to set up my email accounts, then I loaded BB Link; transfered data from BB 9800 to Z10 and for 3 days thought that everything was working. I thought that it had synced my Outlook contacts & calendar, but actually found that all i had were those correct at transfer. Convinced in my own mind that a BB would instantly sync with Outlook spent 3 days trying to figure out what i was doing wrong. Then came onto the Forum only to discover that BB had not made it a function. Why???? Am I alone in using Outlook, am I the only person who sync with a standalone, am I the only one does not trust the Cloud.  To hear that RIM are aware and will rectify is no good. My BB is my mobile office, an essential piece of equipment.   I handed it back today.

Hello Graham

Have you read the Outlook Sync thread ?  

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.