Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Jothebulb
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Stalled update in Mac version of Link software

Having replaced my first Z10 with a second handset, I have restored the data using a back-up.Now, howver, whenever I plug my handset into my Mac, the Link software tells me the handset has never been backed up (it has), and tells me there is new handset software available. However, clicking on the 'install' button produces a progress bar that then never progresses. The Link software remains useable, but the download never takes place. Any clues?

I am running Link v1.0.0 (build 94) & 10.0.9.348 on the handset.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Stalled update in Mac version of Link software

Hey Jothebulb,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

If you try to do the software update over-the-air from Settings>Software Update and wait for it to complete and then try to use BlackBerry Link.  

After this is done, try to create a backup and let me know if it completes successfully.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
AshMirchandani
My Device: P9981 Porsche Design

HI, I have excatly the same problem. I am also using MAC.  Unable to do the backup.  Today my Z10 stopeed ringing all the notifcations sound are not working completely and the phone is only vibrating but the setting is for sound and vibrate...

Pls can some one help for this 2 issues.

Contributor
Jothebulb

I can make a back-up using Link, and I have checked with the software update function on the Z10 - it is already running the latest software (10.0.9.348).

However, when I plug the Z10 into my mac, it tells me that there is an update available (10.0.9.348), and that I have never made a back-up.

I have tried uninstalling & re-installing the Link software & re-running the back-up on the new installation. Same problem: When I plug the Z10 in again aftermaking a back-up, it tells me I have never backed-up, and there is new software available.

Contributor
AshMirchandani

Finally i decided to restore to factort reset my Z10 and then connected to the MAC and now no issues with back up.

Contributor
Jothebulb

Which could work, but without a back-up on the BB Link software I can rely on, I am in danger of losing everything I have already set up on the Z10...

Contributor
AshMirchandani

I know, but i just got frustrated.  I still have a spare 9900 which has got all my contacts and all my BBM contacts...  So only i could lose was my e-mails on the Z10 but then same i can access from my MAC and or WEBMAIL.  Previously Photos, videos was no a problem to sync with mac it was only problem of back-up.