Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Starting Z10 after shutting down

Just giving my new Z10 (got it from the phone shop as an upgrade today) a full charge. Was in the process of trying to work out whether or not my new micro SIM has been activated yet because my old SIM in my Torch 9800 was no longer sending texts or letting me make phone calls and I was advised on the service provider website to turn off my new phone and turn it on again.

I had turned it off by pressing on the power button for 3 seconds, but after powering off my Z10, I had trouble turning it back on again. I tried pressing on it once quickly (like I would with my Torch) and holding it down for a while, but the screen remained black. The only thing that seemed to have done something to it was after I removed the battery and reinserted it again, then it showed me my phone was charging then I pressed the power button again and it turned red and finally loaded the screen.

Is this an issue with my phone or am I doing something wrong with trying to power my Z10 on again?

Any advice is much appreciated

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Starting Z10 after shutting down

The process of Holding the power button for 3 seconds is correct. After the phone fully shuts down, you have to wait a minute and then press and hold the power button and a little red light appears then the phone turns on.  It has been known not to fully turn on after a power down, a battery pull is required. Its more an OS issue than Hardware.

Contributor
kbalaz
My Device: Z10/Playbook

before you resort to pulling the battery, which I believe you shouldnt have to do. Push and hold the power on button for 10-15 seconds and it should reboot, same as a battery pull without all the hassle
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

For the Blackberry phone, from what I have been reading, it seems to be best to buy a new micro SIM for it rather than use your old one. Also, from what I was told the Blackberry account is different than the regular ones. Blackberry works through their own servers for data and ID.

Check this out with your mobile phone service provider.

Jerry G.
Contributor
michi30885

Thanks, the battery pull wasn't required, I turned it off to test it and holding the button down until the red light appeared worked. It only took maybe 5 seconds of holding it down this time for the light to appear

Contributor
michi30885

jerryg50, I'm using the micro SIM which my service provider gave me, the Torch I had uses the regular sized SIM. All my contacts etc were transferred from my Torch to my Z10 by signing in with my Blackberry ID and everything's there now, so I didn't have too much hassle getting all my details and contacs etc on my Z10