Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mwhite41
My Device: Not Specified

Stuck "Checking for Software Updates" - Brand New Z10

I've just received my brand new Z10. Opened it, turned it on, and went through the startup screens. Signed up with a Blackberry account, on the office WiFi, and it said it wanted to do a software update.

3 hours later, it completed the software update download, installed the software update, and rebooted.

When it rebooted, it launched into a screen saying "checking for software updates". And sat there, spinning away. For hours.

I tried rebooting, I tried removing the battery, I tried inserting a working Telstra data-enabled SIM card and rebooting. No change.

It's now been 5 hours since receiving the device, and it's unusable. Am trying now - having downloaded Blackberry Link software for the Mac - to do a factory reset. But this has got to be the worst out-of-the-box experience for any handset. Ever.

Any advice appreciated,

Mark

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamalakshan
My Device: Dev Alpha C, Playbook
My Carrier: Loop

Re: Stuck "Checking for Software Updates" - Brand New Z10

Seems the device is unable to connect to the network and hence getting stuck there. Since you are trying it in your office, make sure no proxies are blocking it.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
loofy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 447968851259

As this is also happening to me, and I am at home with no Poxy server or anything, how do I get around it!! Reboots don't work, pulling the battery hasn't helped................

Regards..............

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

try rebooting your wifi router, it happened to me at a hotel that would not let me update but once at home it worked.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mwhite41
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, resolved after a factory rest using BBLink software.

Please use plain text.