Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Sudden mail account error on blackberry devices

I have suddenly seen the following message appearing on both my BZ10 and Playbook devices when connecting to one of my email accounts via pop. At the same time all is fine when connecting from my Laptop.

"An unexpected problem occured with - account name - . Some features may not be working properly."

Does this points to a blackberry issue or a server issue. Again no issue from Thunderbird client when trying to connect to the same account with the same setup parameters and all was fine from my bby devices up until late ystd evening.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Sudden mail account error on blackberry devices

Hello,

With the PB as well as BB10, there is no BlackBerry infrastructure involved in the email process. All is directly between the device and the email services. So, something is amiss in that chain. Sometimes, these things will clear themselves up just by waiting. Other times, it may require removal and reintegration of the email account to the device. But, there is no BIS, so there is no BlackBerry infrastructure involved.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

So far the only way I managed to solve this is by

- First deleting the account

- Then restarting my blackberry Z10

- and finally reinstalling the account

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

A reasonable solution when things get, for reasons unknown, wonky.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code