Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
SuperSven
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Suggestet Outlook Contacts are in the Adress-Book - over 1000 Contacts...

Hello Guys, 

I have a Z10 and it is synchronizedwith my Outlook-Exchange Account. The problem is that all suggested Outlook Contacts (that mean every Contact who ever send an email to me,  or every Contact I ever send an email to) is going straight to my contact-list. The result is that I have over 1000 Contacts, many of them twice or threefold. That is really untudy and it makes it difficult to find Contacts. 

Is there any option on the Z10 that it does not sync the suggested Outlook Contacts? 

That what I do NOT want to do is to deactive suggested Contacts in Outlook itself, because there it is necessary. 

Thank You in advance, 

greetings

Sven

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Steve79817

Re: Suggestet Outlook Contacts are in the Adress-Book - over 1000 Contacts...

I am having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2013, and account is added via Exchange ActiveSync. Has anyone address this issue?

Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi SuperSven,

When setup using Exchange ActiveSync, all of your Outlook (Exchange) contacts will be synchronized to your BlackBerry smartphone.  When composing an email using that account, however, when sending an email, suggestions will appear that do not exist in your address book.  The suggestions are based on emails sent in the past.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuperSven

Hello Captain Sweatpants - 

I am not sure whether you understood my (or our) problem correctly. 

Lets imagine following: In year 2010 I wrote on my local PC with Outlook an Email to my local pizza restaurant - it was just one email - nothing more - it is not in my adress book. In 2013 I sync my BB with my Outlook Exchange Account - and the pizza-restaurant is going straight to my BB Adress-Book.

Do you know what I mean? 

Many Greetings from Germany

Sven 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuperSven

[ Edited ]

Hmm... nobody there who can help? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuperSven

And Hop top the Top

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jan1208

Hi SuperSven

I have the same problem. As far as I could find out so far there are only 2 options: Go to Outlook and clean up the suggested contacts folder, that will also take out the entries in your contacts. But obviously over time the list will start to build again, as BB will continue to synchronize. The other option is to block suggested contacts in Outlook (so that no further suggestions are saved), but the disadvantage here is that also in Outlook you will not get suggestions anymore when typing in e-mail addresses. None of the solutions is really good, as you will have to accept a negative impact as well. Hard to understand why Blackberry 10 does not allow you to select which contact information should be synchronized with the Z10 (or why it synchronizes suggested contacts in the first place). Unfortunately one of several areas, where Blackberry developed backwards instead of improving, especially for business users ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuperSven

Hi Jan,

thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately  it seems that there is really no acceptable solution for this problem. 

I hope that BB is going to fix that problem, actually the adress book is not usable  - particulary for business-user who ofen have alot of suggestet contacts. That is really strange- because I thought that BB is especially designed for business-costumers....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuperSven

Hello,

@ BB-Team: Do you have any plans to fix this?

Best Whishes 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuperSven

And back to the Top :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.