Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
jonabowale
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Switching devices and Downgrading from Z10 OS10 to 9800 OS6

i recently upgraded my Blackberry Touch 9800 running OS6  to a Blackberry Z10 Running OS10

i am not to impressed with the battery life and features of the Z10. Now i need to downgrade i.e. switch devices back  from Z10 to 9800.

The Z10 using Desktop Link and the 9800 uses Desktop Manager.

Trying to Switch device does not work.

Can anyone please advise on what to do?

Regards

J

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Switching devices and Downgrading from Z10 OS10 to 9800 OS6

Your Data still should be on your Old Device if not, the desktop manager would have a backup.  Then you just contact your service provider to activate the OLD phone again, because the sim card is diffrent.  Once your carrier activates your phone, and sign on with Blackberry ID, it will ask you to use this device..

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Switching devices and Downgrading from Z10 OS10 to 9800 OS6

BlackBerry doesn't think anyone will want to switch from the Z10 back to a BBOS device so they haven't built any type of device switch for that direction. Hopefully, as the poster before me stated, you have a backup from your previous device that you can restore to the 9800.

Note: Do NOT attempt to put the micro sim into the 9800 using any kind of sim adapter. I ruined my 9810 attempting to do that. The sim got stuck and wouldn't come out. It ripped out one of the sim card contacts. Just giving the word of caution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.