Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Switching network modes on AT&T Z10

Has anyone else on AT&T noticed that they can no longer switch network modes on their BB Z10?  I go to SETTINGS --> NETWORK CONNECTIONS --> MOBILE NETWORK, and all is see is the current network mode with no option to change it.

My Z10 is running the AT&T official OS version 10.1.0.2019

Any insight is appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Switching network modes on AT&T Z10

AT&T dont want you messing with that setting.

They have it locked down.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks for the answer.  Unfortunately, that's what I thought it might be.

If I unlock my phone, will I get control of that back?  Or will I need to load a different carrier's OS that has the option enabled?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

No, unlocking the phone simply makes it so you can use another carrier's SIM and their network.

However, having said that, using a T-Mobile SIM (and of course you have to sign up for their service) you will be able to change the settings.

Question, why do you want to ?

It can be done with the AT&T network by using the screen.

Search here on this forum for how to do that, or, if you can't find the answer here, pop over to Crackberry. It's there for sure.

I could explain it, but it's too long for me to spend that much time typing here Smiley Tongue

Fred

New Contributor

Hi Fred,  Thanks.  Unfortunately, on my device, the Network Modes option has been removed by AT&T.  I can see the currently selected mode, but have no ability to change that.

The reson I want to change it is that I am on the fringe of the AT&T LTE network and my phone is frequently trying to find that netowrk.  So I find that it bounces from E to 4G to 4LTE, and sometimes GSM.  If I could force it to 3G while at home, my service, while slower, will at least be more steady, and I'll save battery life.

Regular Contributor

Well, you can do what you wish with AT&T, however you have to do it by using the escreen.

Go over to crackberry.com and search for the instructions there on how to access the escreen

Smiley Happy

Fred

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

my Z10 is unlocked and I still can not change this.

Escreen might get it done but be very careful as you can brick your device

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

Unlocked has nothing to do with it (being able to change without using the exreen) as such.

That's a carrier thing.

Mine is unlocked (AT&T).

When I put a T-Mobile SIM card in, I CAN change it without going into the escreen.

However can't with the AT&T SIM.

However I do it, with a AT&T SIM by using the escreen.

Really simply and works just fine.

Fred

New Contributor

I've looked in the escreen before, but I'm not really all that failure with it. Are you able to point me to the right location in there to make the change?