Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
WesW
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Synch Yahoo Email Problems - delayed! Not push any longer?

[ Edited ]

To my knowledge I have set both of these up correctly for us on our new Z10's.  We both switched from iphones and I am having some twitches here trying to stay confident.

My yahoo mail on my iphone was instantaneous so I am of the belief it must be so on my Blackberry Z10.

Can someone help us fix this annoying problem?  I have already missed very important emails and I could not have a phone like this for much longer.

Even when I delete an email it does not send that action to my Yahoo Account for some time and I am double reading emails I have already deleted!

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Synch Yahoo Email Problems - delayed! Not push any longer?

I don't think Yahoo! uses ActiveSync so you'll have to set it up via IMAP. When you set it up that way you should be able to enable "push if available" and that will give you IMAP IDLE if Yahoo! offers it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
WesW

Wow thanks John for the quick response.  I have set the email up using IMAP (Yahoo!) for the Z10 yet it lags by 15 minutes at best.  Since it was also hooked up on my Iphone using IMAP and the behaviour was instantaneous why would the Blackberry not behave in the same way?  I am not giving up, there must be a solution.  The Iphone worked in the exact same way with the IMAP functionality and was perfect.

If indeed the Blackberry works on the same protocol and does not behave in a similar fashion there is definitely a Blackberry problem!?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I don't have an answer. My accounts are often slow to the Z10 device too, and I don't know why. They are instant to my Playbook and iPad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
WesW

[ Edited ]

Thanks John!  i hope someone gets back to us soon about this.  I can not have emails lagging.  I love the phone but that would be a definite deal breaker :smileysad:   I specifically went back to Blackberry for the email client, it has always been the best but if I have to be 15 minutes behind the rest of the World I do not feel to ahead of the game.  The 15 minute synch will also waste a lot of battery life.  It should just work, every other device I have synched to Yahoo! works just fine.  Blackberry get back to us please so I can place "We found a solution" to this post.

I have now placed an android phone, iphone, and z10 side by side, each one of them has the Yahoo Email Account set up on them.  The Android and Iphone get the message virtual instantly and the Z10 - Nothing...!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
giovan67
My Carrier: Rogers

I am have the same issue is everyone with Rogers also ?? As I am starting to think this is where the issue is as my Bell and telus friends are not having this issue .
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chiefvh
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

Hi did you find a fix to this email delay with yahoo? I sure would like to know. Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
giovan67
My Carrier: Rogers

blackberry is working on the yahoo email issue should be fixed by weeks end .Looks. Like a dual problem on both ends
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chiefvh
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

Thanks I will wait till the end of the week. This is unacceptable.  I am switching if this isn't fixed. Please post here if you learn anymore 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
skybuckets
My Carrier: Telus

I am having same problem with Telus!

Needs to be fixed or I am returning for all the same reasons as mentioned above!

Please use plain text.