Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
WesW
My Device: Z10

Re: Synch Yahoo Email Problems - delayed! Not push any longer?

This problem seems to be addressed and my emails have been coming instantly to my Blackberry.  Just some growing pains.  I am glad I had some patience.  It is an excellent peice of hardware.  I look forward each day to the upgrades and tweaks to make it even better.

Yahoo email now works great.

Contributor
chiefvh
My Device: Torch 9800

not me. still delayed. every email. up to 15 mins and sometimes longer even though i have sync set up for 15 mins. my work emails through exchange active sync are just as bad.

did you have to do anything to fix?

Contributor
giovan67

No hope , guys it is a yahoo issue with BB , spent a week with BB tech on the phone and at this point. they are working with yahoo on protocols , so have to wait longer . Very surprised to have email delays on BB as they were known as the BEST in CLASS . I love the OS absolutely next generation though cant live with email delays of 15 minutes , so back in the box it goes
Contributor
chiefvh

[ Edited ]

i have been working with them for 10 days. they keep telling me they know of no other cases like this. would you care to share yours with bb and myself? if so my email is <removed>

thanks!

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Contributor
giovan67

[ Edited ]

Not sure who at Bb you were talking too , I was just on the phone with them earlier today and they are aware of the issue .The funny thing is that they were sending me test emails as they had my email settings setup up on their device .The test emails were instant on my ipad and they heard me receiving them though waited up to ten minutes to receive them on my Z10. There answer is that Yahoo and for us rogers ( which runs through yahoo) has a push protocol setup with iPhone and not BB or Android and BB is working with Yahoo to get the fix quick .

My biggest complaint to them was they should have left the BIS service on the new bB10 and this issue wouldn't be there .There answer to that was that too many complained when BIS went down so they went they way of other smartphone email services . My opinion this is worst issue for BB to have since their business was built on fast and reliable email services

Below is the email I received concerning the issue

Hello, In response to your request, the following course of action has been provided. If you have any questions concerning this request, please reply to this email within the next three (3) days.

Details: BIS-Z10-10.0-Rogers- Emails, delayed receipt on device. Resolution: The customer's issue with the Yahoo email "xxxx@rogers.com" is by design. As per my internal and external research, the BlackBerry Z10 device uses IMAP protocols and Yahoo does not have push email services on their servers at this time to work with BlackBerry 10 devices. As such, the actual pulling cycle for email is device-centric - up to every 15 minutes.

BlackBerry Customer Support Center 1-877-255-2377

(North America Toll Free) 0808 100 7466

(Toll Free UK Only) +44 1753 558400

(Outside UK) 1-519-888-6181

(Worldwide) help@blackberry.com

Contributor
chiefvh

Thanks for your response. This is brutal
New Contributor
skmishra_1000

It is same issue here with AT&T US. Yahoo mail is delayed by 10-15minutes. All other emails are delivered instantly.

Blackberry should communicate about this known issue.

Contributor
giovan67

It is the same issue on Android devices , only iPhone at this point have a direct sync with yahoo .Last call with BB Tech the issue should be rectified soon as they are discussions with yahoo
New Contributor
thepostie

This seems really strange. I too have a Z10 and until yesterday my email provider Google via sky email was immediate but yesterday sky changed over to yahoo mail and my mail now only arrives every 15 minutes.

Whats strange is that my wife has a BB 9900 and she uses yahoo without any problems. her email is immediate.

My BB playbook also used to be instant but that to is now every 15 minutes as well.

I know its only a small problem but is is annoying that one BB using yahoo is fine and another has problems.

Any ideas?

Contributor
chiefvh

Your wifes 9900 is not on bb10 OS, of course. it is bb6 or 7 OS. the significance is bbOS manages all email through BIS(blackberry internet service) which pushes email itself and doesn't use or need yahoo's protocols to manage email