Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
pld123
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: verizon

Synching w/ Outlook

So i just purchased the Z10 as BB is better with Outlook synching,  Now i find out there are all these crazy workarounds and it doesn't even synch with Notes.  I have 10 more days to return my phone.  Are there any better options than Companion Link or Deja Office?  If not, how long until this capability will be released? This is SO frustrating - what were they thinking?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Synching w/ Outlook

In short:

• It will be fixed. RIM has stated clearly they will be releasing the two-way sync in Link.
  • Don't know when, no need to ask.
  • There are many workarounds and other solutions for Outlook contacts and calendar sync meanwhile. Some involve using cloud services such as outlook.com and some involve using third party apps installed (you've listed those two).
  • It's not a deal breaker for some, and it is for others. I have been a hard core wired outlook syncer for years and years, but I've found other solutions which are ok. Not perfect, but they work.
  • Others are more devoted to the wired sync than I am, and are either returing their device or just so mad they are about to explode. I learned to deal with it and moved on to another solution.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
funcourt
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I posted this question in another section but no replies yet so will try here.  I have been struggling with calendars since getting my Z10 on day one of release.  I purchased Office 365 in the hopes of getting this to work.  I have successfully set up my work exchange email and it's now syncing nicely. Now I need to get my personal email/calendar syncing with my Z10 and PB.  I have a microsoft account and have been on outlook.com trying to figure it out.  I found steps on this forum on how to set it up but I have a couple questions about the process:

-On my desktop, how do I make a separate copy of my outlook calendar and what is .PST?

-One step says to take note of all the configurations in my outlook client.  Where/how do I find this?

-I have outlook 2013 so supposedly I don't need the "connector".  I've read that several times and when I went to Microsoft downloads, the connector failed to install (I believe because I have 2013). However, I can't find instructions specifically for 2013. 

Outlook is so widely used, it's pretty riddiculous that it's so complicated to sync a blackberry to it without exchange.

Any help from this community will be greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

funcourt wrote:

-On my desktop, how do I make a separate copy of my outlook calendar and what is .PST?

-One step says to take note of all the configurations in my outlook client.  Where/how do I find this?

PST is your Outlook file type. You can search your PC for any "*.pst" file.

Open your Outlook client on the desktop and look at the setup for your Outlook mail clients.

If you need more details on Outlook itself and how to find the settings, can't Miscrosoft help you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.